Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as an Assistant Patient Care Manager with the Medical/Surgical (Med/Surg) Neuro/Stroke Department.
Under the direction of the Unit Director/Manager, the Assistant Patient Care Manager functions as the assistive leader for a specific shift(s) and assumes responsibility for clinical practice which may include 24 hour accountability. The Assistant Patient Care Manager is responsible for supporting the coordination of care and communication to facilitate patient needs as well as providing direction to and counseling of unit staff.
This position will also serve as a public relations representative for patients and their families.
This position exhibits knowledge of, follows, and actively supports the philosophy, mission and vision of Ingalls Memorial Hospital, while demonstrating behavior consistent with the core values and standards of service of the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Adhere to all hospital policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Observe and adhere to all corporate compliance requirements and communicate issues as they arise to the appropriate party as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Participate in budget preparation and assist in monitoring of financial performance.
- Demonstrate cost effectiveness in meeting unit and patient care needs.
- Demonstrates a positive, supportive attitude to physicians, patient, families and other personnel consistently.
- Displays patience and tact when dealing with patients' families and other health professionals.
- Collaborate with physicians to clarify the patient's plan of care as needed to support the patient and primary caregiver.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise and practice in unit's specialty through active participation as well as verbal instructionProvide leadership and support staff in facilitating patient care coordination.
- Adhere to and participate in regulatory compliance.
- Assures performance improvement data collection is completed in a timely manner.
- Assist unit leader in achieving unit goals.
- Successful completion of annual competencies.
- Round on patients and employees daily.
- Investigate and resolve issues related to customers and communicate outcomes to unit leader.
- Demonstrate excellent communications with all stakeholders.
- Follow service standards through leadership by example.
- Participates and provides feedback in staff selection and hiring.
- Serves as a mentor and coach for staff.
- Responsible for evaluation staff performance and provision of coaching feedback in a timely manner.
- Serves as a liaison in facilitating staff RN and physician relationships.
- Insures daily assignments are completed and appropriate.
- Ensures effective on-boarding and/or preceptorship of staff.
- Maintain effective interpersonal, interdisciplinary relationships that exude professional conduct.
- Commitment to professional growth and competence.
- Willingness to assume and participate in additional projects and assignments.
- Participation in leadership meetings
- Maintain responsibility for attendance and punctuality
Required Assistant Patient Care Manager Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Must hold a current RN Licensure State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation or valid temporary permit to practice nursing in the State of Illinois.
- Must hold a current Basic Life Support certification (Healthcare Provider Recognition).
- 3-5 years of experience in RN specialty area
Preferred Assistant Patient Care Manager Qualifications
- Prior leadership experience
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (1.0) ; 10-hour shifts
- Shift: Night
- Unit/Department: Medical/Surgical (Med/Surg Neuro/Stroke Department
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website