Work under minimum supervision to provide advanced clerical services to the cabinet-level administrator assigned. Handle confidential information and engage in frequent contact with all levels of district employees, outside agencies, and the general public.
High school diploma or GED Bachelor's degree preferred
Knowledge of school district organization, operations, and administrative policies Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos Demonstrated proactive, strong analytical and problem-solving skills Ability to make independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling Excellent public relations, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills Ability to multi-task numerous complex administrative activities and prioritize appropriately Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, perform data analysis, andreporting skills Comfortable with technology and the use of databases Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and Adobe Acrobat Inventory/Asset management skills Budgeting skills
3 years or more advanced secretarial experience with extensive contact with people
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Ensure that the CIO Office is efficient, moves at the speed of the business, and is responsive to our leadership team, internal and external customers and vendors
2. Prepare correspondence, invoices, financial statements, reports, forms, presentations, and other documents for the administrator assigned, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
3. Strong internal drive, Can-Do attitude, leave no stone unturned approach, focus on relationships, and inherent ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and professionalism.
4. Managing Executives' complex schedules/calendar and coordinating meetings/conference calls including reserving the venue, preparing materials, and arranging for refreshments and catering as needed.
5. Ensure Team meetings are expertly coordinated, communications are effectively transmitted, and everyday tasks flowmore smoothly. Act as a Meeting Recorder-summarizing action items precisely
6. Responsible for securing requested information and compiling various reports and analyses
7. Proactively coordinate all executive engagement, correspondence and interactions
8. Make travel arrangements including making hotel reservations and turning in conference registration forms.
9. Manage expenses and complete monthly expense reports for Executive
10. Impeccable attention to detail. Function independently and follow through to successfully complete tasks with limited guidance
11. Conducts more complex researchto assist executive with inquiries or issuesand recommend next steps Reception and Phones
12. Answer incoming calls and greet visitors. Respond to routine inquiries from the public and staff and refer appropriate inquiries or problems to (cabinet-level administrator) or other administrators. Policy, Reports, and Correspondence
13. Compile pertinent data used to prepare various required state and local reports.
14. Prepare purchase orders and payment authorizations as directed.
15. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required. Accounting and Inventory
16. Assist with department budget preparation and maintain accurate records of expenditures. Prepare and process purchase orders and receive, store, and issue supplies and equipment.
17. Maintain inventory of fixed assets, equipment, and supplies Other
18. Comply with policies established by federal and state laws and regulations, and local board policy.
19. Maintain confidentiality.
20. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
21. Any and all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
May work prolonged or irregular hours; occasional districtwide travel
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Apply on company website