Performon-site technical work to install and maintain computer equipment and network and software applications throughout the districtor at assigned campus. Respond to work order requests by diagnosing and repairing network and computer hardware.
High school diploma or GED Clear and valid driver's license Various technical certification a plus
Knowledge of computer workstation setup (identify requirement–i.e., Novell workstation) Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications Ability to install, maintain, and repair computers and peripherals Ability to install and maintain network cables and hardware Ability to diagnose problems and perform repairs
One yearof work experience installing, maintaining, and repairing computers and peripherals
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Install, configure, maintain,and upgrade computers and peripherals, network cabling,and network peripherals throughout the district.Relocate computer hardware, peripherals, and equipment as needed.
2. Provide technical assistance to usersof computers, instructional equipment, and software.
3. Install and configure application and operating systemsoftware and upgrades.
4. Assist with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of data communications circuits and equipment.
5. Assist with the organization and distribution of technology-based material for classroom use. Equipment Repair and Maintenance
6. Diagnose and repair network connectivity and hardware issues, including printers, terminals, and personal computers.
7. Remove old equipment and perform data migration to new machines.
8. Service equipment according to established preventive maintenance schedule.Maintain accurate updated records of preventive maintenance.
9. Maintain accurate records of time and materials required to perform repairs and service.
10. Ensure technology equipment in classrooms, instructional labs, and campus administrative offices meet the district standard of safe student instructional and staff working environment.
11. Analyze, resolve, or report complex PC and peripheral LAN/WAN connectivity failures/issues to the appropriate personnel.
12. Configuring PC, touchscreen devices, and other technology equipment to district wireless LAN.
13. Provide excellent customer technical and non-technical communication with follow-up/follow-through techniques. Inventory
14. Maintain accurate inventory of hardware, software, and other equipment and material at assigned site(s).
15. Identify, request, and control the inventory of repair parts. Other
16. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents.
17. Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Educationrule, and local board policy.
18. Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
19. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
20. Respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
21. Any and all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Hand tools and test instruments for electronic repairs and cable installations; personal computers and peripherals; small truck or van
Prolonged sittingand standing; regular kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Repetitive hand motion; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; regularwalking, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching; may climb ladders
Moderate lifting and carrying (up to 44 pounds); occasional heavy lifting (45 pounds and over)
Exposure to electrical hazards; occasional prolonged and irregular hours; frequent districtwide travel; May be required to be on-call 24 hours a day.
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotionalcontrol under stress
Apply on company website