Huntington Hotel Group is excited to announce it is accepting applications for General Manager of the Sunnyvale Homewood Suites scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2021. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years branded Department Manager experience. Hilton experience is preferred.
Job Title : GENERAL MANAGER
Responsible for generating profit to meet or exceed budget expectations while maintaining operational and Guest service standards as prescribed by Huntington Hotel Group.
GENERAL CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL POSITIONS
- A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Revenue
- Develop, administer, and control the hotel revenue and expense budgets.
- Analyze Profit and Loss and General Ledger statements. Submit P& L Variance Reports in a timely manner.
- Handle certain Top and Target accounts; participate in joint sales calls.
- Provide direction and input, and approve the hotel Marketing Plan; following up weekly.
- Hire, train, counsel, and motivate management employees.
- Ensure proper selection, training, counseling, and motivation of hourly employees.
- Ensure proper administration of benefits programs to all hotel employees.
- Conduct all department head performance appraisals.
- Review all hourly personnel performance appraisals.
- Ensure an employee attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of Guest needs.
- Meet with and solicit comments from Guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with all Guest services and facilities.
- Monitor results of Guest comment cards. Take appropriate corrective action in a timely manner.
- Follow up on all written Guest complaints. Ensure Guest satisfaction with resolution of the complaint or problem.
- Review and approve the hotel payroll.
- Authorize direct bill accounts and monitor the administration of Accounts Receivable. Ensure collection of Accounts Receivable is current and past due accounts are kept to a minimal amount.
- Inspect rooms and property grounds and exterior of buildings on a regular basis for cleanliness and proper preventative maintenance.
- Develop and maintain hotel programs to assure that the Quality Evaluation Program criteria are met.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with Guests, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Ensure all employees are trained to act according to procedure in the event of an emergency or accident at the hotel.
- Ensure that a viable key control program is in place in all hotel departments.
- Know, understand, and enforce compliance with all company Standard Operating Procedures.
Perform all other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
- Education and/or Experience: A four-year college degree or equivalent training in hotel department head positions required. Management experience required.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with hotel departments, Guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically handle difficult situations and people.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of hotel property management system. Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and email. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report, or schedule form.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver's license, vehicle insurance.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Experience in meeting deadlines and multiple priorities of business demands as required. Operate office equipment such as, but not limited to, printers, fax machine, and copiers. Ability to perform the essential functions of all positions within the hotel. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Seeing – Must be able to see well enough to read reports, drive, and use a computer.
- Hearing - Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility – Must be able to stand to operate office machinery. Must be able to move between departments.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling – Must be able to climb four flights of stairs. Must be able to stoop and kneel for short periods of time.
- Lifting – Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling – Must be able to write, type, and use the phone system.
- Occasional overnight business travel.
Apply on company website