Corporate Overview Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division Overview Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force. Posting Address
Remote Position (Home Office)
Based in Southern CA
San Diego, CA
The Senior Territory Managers' primary responsibility will be to provide sales, service and support to targeted end users and consultants, to identify project opportunities and to generate demand for Hubbell end to end solutions. Sales territory is for San Diego and Orange County in Southern CA.Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage an assigned territory to ensure effective, efficient and economical use of available time and Company assets to achieve sales objectives.
- Conduct sales calls on targeted customers, distributors, consultants, and end users.
- Train distributor personnel to sell and promote Hubbell products; manage distributor inventory investments to ensure maintenance of proper inventories to service the trading area and maximize the “Return on Investment”.
- Service distributors, contractors and end users by generating demand for HPW product.
- Conduct sales training, internal and external, within the territory as directed by Field Management.
- Conduct formal sales presentations to various groups, distributors and end-users.
- Communicate to various types of end-users in a variety of way, either by letter, telephone, small group meetings, person to person meetings, Trade Shows and/or business-oriented social functions.
- Service distributors and end-users while creating demand for the Company's product offering.
- Build rapport and strong relationships with distribution, end-users and specifying influences.
- Communicate through Regional Manager on new products, product modifications and sales tools.
- Serve as a customer information center for literature requests, catalog requests, technical detail, drawings, and cross-reference information.
- Act as a liaison between customer and Shelton for successful resolution on any inoperable product where no injury has resulted.
- Generate renewal paperwork for pricing and approval, verify correct entry of contracts, and handle claim discrepancies between Shelton and distributor.
- Coordinate invitations, registrations, diplomas, and marketing fund deductions for shows and schools, as well as schedule, ship, and receive displays.
- Qualify sales leads and route for action.
- Coordinate RGA requests.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities through exemplary work ethic and selling skills, having earned the respect of both customers and peers.
- Acquire superior product and Company policy knowledge and have the ability to communicate this information to distributors and customers.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and maintain accurate account records.
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communications Skills
- Five (+) years of related data communications sales and territory management experience is needed.
- RCDD certification is a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website