Corporate Overview Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division Overview Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Position Overview
Seeking a highly motivated fixture design Engineer with advanced CNC and manual machining skills. The ideal candidate is hands-on with solid experience in CNC and manual machining. The role is responsible for converting 2-D drawings to 3-D models, designing fixtures for efficient operation, programming, setup, and production verification of programs. This role is also responsible for continuous improvement in improving run time and moving items from manual to CNC machining centers.Duties and Responsibilities
Work from solid models, technical drawings, engineering sketches, and other such documentation to produce a variety of prototype ad production parts
- Choose the most efficient methods of manufacture, understanding the time and equipment required, and interacting with technicians, designers and engineers to suggest design improvements for manufacturability/machinability
- Set up and operate CNC mills and lathes with a high degree of proficiency.
- Analyzes and evaluates current programs and setups for efficiency, productivity, and cost effectiveness.
- Prove-outs and make improves to current processes as well as processes that are unproven
- Interfaces with other Engineering personnel and other applicable departments to ensure the proper design collaboration and prototype implementation.
- Fixture design and setup, work holding design, toolpath programming for CNC milling machines, CNC machine operation, and other manufacturing operations.
- Develop and maintain supportive, professional relationships with technicians, designers and engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineer or equivalent with CNC Machining/Programming background.
- Inventor or Solid Works 3-D modeling experience: 3 years
- Programming, setting up, and running CNC Machines: 5 years
- Writing G-code: 3 years
- Machine production level components, details and fixtures.
- Comprehensive understanding of milling, turning, single-point threading, knurling, broaching, grinding, cutting, etc. and detailed functional knowledge of most common machine shop tools and machines
- Complete set-up work and operation of machines.
- Use precision measuring instruments to ensure that parts produced meet quality standards.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website