Corporate Overview Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division Overview Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell's unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light. As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets. Posting Address
701 Millennium Blvd.
Greenville, SC 29607Position Overview
Perform engineering duties to support the design and development of new lighting products as well as engineer existing product improvements and facilitate Engineered-to-Order product requests. Provide engineering support for all assigned outdoor lighting fixtures.Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing design solutions as needed to help ensure product integrity and quality.
- Completing Engineering Changes (ECs) for product changes to improve cost, design, or service of existing lighting products.
- Evaluating product performance through testing and technical analysis.
- Recommending and implementing engineering changes to ensure all products are manufactured to specification and quality standards.
- Designing new products and product extensions to product specifications
- Supporting designs and bills of material and documentation for engineered to order products (ETO)
- Completing support documentation for certification(s)
- Maintaining and updating all engineering product documentation
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes; sheet metal fabrication, die casting, and plastics molding
- Solid Edge or equivalent CAD solid modeling package
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of bills of material structure
- Ability to work independently as well in a team environment as needed.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer operation (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Attentive to details and accuracy
- Strong time management skills
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing or equivalent
- 5(+) years' experience preferred,
- Direct experience with lighting or other electro-mechanical products is highly preferred.
- Must have a fundamental understanding of DC circuits (Ohm's law).
- SAP experience is a plus
- Knowledge of UL, NEMA, and CSA standards.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website