Corporate Overview Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division Overview Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Posting Address
HPS- Switching & Fusing
8100 Churchill Ave
Leeds, AL 35094Position Overview
The NPD Process Engineer will be critical to our New Product Development process. This person will be responsible for coordinating between the design and production related groups. They will be responsible for taking projects from the initial product design through the prototyping, production trial and production launch phases of our NPD cycle. They will own and manage the implementation of Manufacturing and Quality Engineering functions regarding new product development projects for the Switching and Fusing Business Unit. New production may be located at our Leeds, Alabama location or at our Juarez, Mexico facility.Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize 3-D modeling software to assist in fixture and tooling design (Inventor preferred)
- Research and implement/Improve production methodologies
- Best in class assembly
- Induction heating/brazing
- Product serialization
- Create and Implement Manufacturing Plans
- Specify manufacturing location, equipment to be used, perform cycle time analysis
- Utilize AutoCAD or the like to update plant layouts with new cells
- New cell creation with lean manufacturing in mind.
- Create capital justifications and follow through to cell runoff and operator training.
- Take the lead on Quality functions for NPD Projects
- Coordinate PFMEA and DFMEA
- Create Quality Control Plans
- Specify, purchase and implement quality tools
- BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 7 Years Engineering work experience
- Project Management
- Lean Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability in manufacturing cell start up
- ability to lead and effectively communicate with cross functional teams
- SAP experience
- Inventor/AutoCAD/Solid works experience
- Microsoft Project or similar knowledge
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website