Corporate Overview Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division Overview Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Posting Address
1615 Moores Street
Leeds, AL 35094
To support production through equipment reliability and reduction of downtime through leadership and guidance to the maintenance team while assisting with trouble-shooting, scheduling and maintaining our CMMS system. Respond to daily equipment trouble and assist in troubleshooting, evaluation and trouble reporting and assist maintenance manager in tracking equipment downtime and trouble history and prioritize maintenance activity, including PMs, Overhauls, and Replacements.Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate, propose and implement maintenance activities and projects to improve profitability, machine reliability, and productivity.
- Support departmental functions with technical understanding and know-how, as well as supporting maintenance associates with skill development and equipment improvement ideas.
- Daily activities include interfacing with maintenance associates, maintenance manager, and production managers/supervisors to resolve production machine issues.
- Supervision of contractors and vendors to maintain control of project schedules and costs.
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Maintains computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Make sure projects meet electrical and construction safety regulations.
- Act as technical expert for internal and external customers.
- Strong experience in both sustaining and improving multiple processes
- Strong electrical trouble-shooting experience
- 3-5 years supervision experience
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience in a dynamic and “hands on” environment
- Project management experience from start to finish
- Working knowledge of TPM, root cause analysis, predictive and preventive maintenance systems, and visual plant concepts
- Controls experience (Allen Bradley PLC, HMI/MMI, VFDS, Siemens)
- Lean background and experience…Kaizen, Poke-Yoke, 5S, Kan Ban, etc.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonalskills
- Experience with machining and foundry equipment
- BS Degree preferred. Background in Maintenance and maintenance supervision as well as strong leadership skills required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website