Corporate Overview Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us. Division Overview Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.Position Overview
Support customers, customer service representatives, field representatives, agents, and Hubbell subsidiaries by providing technical support and sustaining their efforts in promoting/selling products. Prepare pricing and technical data for quotations. Provide liaison and coordination between engineering, manufacturing, and sales.
Role will be in support of High Voltage Switches used in Substation, Transmission, and Distribution applications. Previous experience in the Utility Industry will be beneficial but not required.Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support for questions pertaining to assigned products to end users, channel partners, sales, and customer service for domestic and international markets.
- Assists engineering with design and testing of products.
- Providing pricing, class code, and product information (drawings, test reports, etc.) for quotations to customer service representatives, field sales, agents, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers when necessary and required
- Provide training and select technical information to customer service representatives, field representatives, agents, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers for quotations or when necessary and required
- Review orders for proper application of products, price, and delivery
- Review quotations for order terms and conditions of sale
- Resolve product returns; i.e., request credit/debits, write evaluations on damaged return material
- Assist in preparation of technical publications and review technical information and illustrations
- Review customer product specifications and maintain up-to-date file in customer files
- Aid in organization and presentation of material for seminars, industry meetings, and trade shows
- Provide recommendations on application products using calculations, software, drawings, testimonials, and industry-accepted standards to support recommendation
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Apply on company website