OB/Gyn Residency Program Director
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Howard University College of Medicine is searching for a dynamic and experienced, board-certified OB/GYN physician to serve as the Residency Program Director. The Program Director will have a strong passion for teaching and the responsibility to lead the program in compliance with the ACGME guidelines. Duties would be split between dedicated administrative time, teaching residents/medical students, patient care and surgery. Additional requirements include:
- Board Certification by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology or appropriate equivalent educational qualifications as determined by the RRC.
- At least three (3) years documented educational and/or administrative abilities; or possess qualifications acceptable to the ACGME's Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Review Committee is required. Possessing specialty expertise and demonstration of clinical competence as a practicing physician is required.
- Experience as a core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited OB/GYN residency/fellowship program.
- Dynamic communication skills and the ability to fit within the mission and vision of the Department.
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in Washington, DC prior to the start of appointment.
- NIH-HOWARD Intramural Research Collaboration (NIH-HUIRC) supporting Early Stage/Junior Faculty through mentorship, research collaboration, training, and equipment use. Qualified applicants ultimately will become seasoned investigators and acquire skills necessary to obtain external grants and increase scholarly productivity.
- Potential joint appointment at the NICHD
- The Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences is founded upon the principles of the NIH Clinical and Translational Science Award Program (CTSA).
- The Bridge Fund/Pilot Study Program is available to support individuals who demonstrate or show promise of developing an academic research program.
- Research Centers in Minority Institutions
- The Chair Leadership Academy
- The Junior Faculty Forum
Guoyang Luo, MD, Ph.D.
Professor & Chair, Obstetrics & Gynecology
Howard University, College of Medicine
2041 Georgia Avenue NW, Suite 3C34, Washington, DC 20060
Phone: 202 865-7671
Fax: 202 865-4174
OB/Gyn Residency Program DirectorThe Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Howard University College of Medicine is searching for ...
Apply on company website