Maintenance Engineer - Associate
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
"At Hormel we invite difference and diversity in all aspects. We offer a space of support, understanding, and community. We are committed to the journey! Learn more about our progress here: https://www.hormelfoods.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion/"
To save time applying, Hormel Foods does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
ABOUT HORMEL FOODS — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenue across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin's®, Wholly®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named on the “Global 2000 World's Best Employers” list by Forbes magazine for three straight years, is one of Fortune magazine's most admired companies, has appeared on Corporate Responsibility Magazine's “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” list for the 12th year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. The company lives by its purpose statement — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ — to bring some of the world's most trusted and iconic brands to tables across the globe. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and http://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
Job Purpose: Supervises maintenance personnel and directs the modification, improvement and installation of high-tech equipment in a manufacturing facility to maximize equipment and facility productivity at minimum cost
- Makes departmental decisions regarding maintenance (maintenance management)
- Develops an understanding of the equipment and manufacturing processes
- Trains and supervises mechanics, electricians, plumbers and other skilled trades
- Offers sound technical and engineering advice for facilities performance improvement
- Utilizes a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Uses CAD to gather information and design custom alterations to equipment
- Selects vendors for equipment purchases
- Troubleshoots mechanical processes
- Installs and starts-up new equipment and processes
- Develops creative ideas to cut costs
- Supervises equipment design changes
- Monitors and controls energy use
- Researches alteration requests and provides justification
- Negotiates and oversees contract work
- Authorizes, delegates and follows-up with maintenance work-orders, schedules preventive maintenance for equipment
- Ensures safety and security of physical plant and facilities
- Verifies and completes administrative work
- Communicates department projects with plant management
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology, Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Agriculture Engineering, or a related field. 2.7 cumulative GPA or higher preferred.
- Innovative, have good technical and mechanical knowledge, and possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Must be open to relocation
- Typical starting locations include Austin, Minnesota; Osceola, Iowa; or Rochelle, Illinois. Additional locations includes facilities in Wisconsin, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, and Georgia.
- Location is based on business needs at the time an offer is made
- Spend up to six weeks in a hands-on training environment before being assigned to a department
- The training program consists of shadowing experienced Maintenance Engineers and training in Environmental and Regulatory Compliance, Economic Value Added (EVA), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Maintenance Engineers attend a one week new employee orientation at our Corporate Office in Austin, Minnesota. This will include presentations by different divisions to increase product knowledge, company knowledge, and leadership skills
· Maintenance Engineering is often the stepping stone to corporate engineering, project engineering, design engineering, or plant management. Corporate engineers do mostly project and design work.
- Additional opportunities may exist in different departments, facilities, or subsidiaries
- Hormel Foods' "promote-from-within" philosophy rewards outstanding performance
Benefits: Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, and more.
Application Instructions: Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.
Apply on company website