The Quality Project Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing quality improvement programs for designated department(s). This position functions as a liaison/clinical coordinator to clinical support services (e.g. Infection Prevention, Laboratory Services) clinical departments, and other related hospital departments (Perioperative Services, Inpatient Units, Ambulatory Sites, Emergency Department).Some duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with the provider team, seeks consensus to identify evidence-based practices throughout the continuum, which are incorporated into clinical practice guidelines/protocols/policies. Concurrently monitors compliance with evidence-based practice standards.
- Primary resource accountable to the Chief for monitoring of performance outcomes.
- Performs Quality Management related functions including facilitation of Clinical Service Quality Committees, coordination of Joint Commission certification/recertification teams (as applicable), data analysis and management.
- Facilitates formal Performance Improvement Teams as identified by leadership.
- Representative for the department to communicate outwardly to the hospital and leadership team and inwardly to the department as the primary and coordinated source of communication from all departments.
- Education: BA or BS. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience: Five years of clinical experience, preferably with a surgical focus.
- License/Certification Required: Licensed to be a Registered Nurse in NYS
- Skills (to include equipment, software, etc.):
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent team leadership skills. Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply lean/six sigma quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Consistently demonstrated ICARE values,
- Analytical and critical thinking skills,
- Data management and computer skills to include Microsoft products, familiarity with the electronic medical record.
- Requires the ability to work independently and in collaboration with providers, organizational leaders, quality teams, QM department leadership and department colleagues.
Apply on company website