About this Opportunity
The Social Media and Community Management Specialist will cultivate and strengthen engagement with the social communities across Herman Miller's family of brands. Our Global Social Media team drives brand awareness, consideration, demand, and loyalty across Herman Miller's family of brands. In collaboration with cross-functional teammates, you will develop an intimate understanding of our social audiences across platforms and deepen relationships with those communities in support of overall brand goals.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Assist cross-functional teams with concepting, creating, and executing multi-platform campaigns.
- Assist with the maintenance and optimization of our social media management tools.
- Build positive relationships with consumers, influencers, and industry professionals through thoughtful social interactions or initiatives such as giveaways.
- Collaborate with teammates to create content customized for each channel (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.) as well as curate user-generated content.
- Create and maintain content calendars for all social communities, including writing posts/captions as well as managing image and video assets.
- Develop and present recommendations that improve channel, content, and community engagement performance.
- Ensure all published content is consistent with brand social guidelines and standards.
- Identify trends in social media and culture and determine relevant opportunities for the brand.
- Listen to feedback from the community and develop insights around what fosters positive engagement as well as brand/product pain points.
- Monitor and respond to comments as well as gather noteworthy trends.
- Utilize tools like Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Pinterest Analytics, and social media management tools like Sprinklr to generate insights.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English, or a related field.
- Two years of social media management for brands, ideally within a complex, fast-paced corporate environment.
- One year of hands-on experience using enterprise-level social media management tools such as Sprinklr, Sprout Social, or a similar tool. Sprinklr experience is a plus.
- The ability to interpret social media data and form recommendations to improve performance.
- A deep knowledge of trends in social media technology and consumer behaviors as well best practices for brands.
- Curiosity in what's trending on social media and why people are talking about it.
- Personal interest in interior design, architecture, fashion, or a related area (a plus).
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to thoughtfully engage with a diverse array of people and perspectives.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- An eye for details like grammar, punctuation, and tone.
- The ability to be self-motivated and a proactive problem-solver.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Apply on company website