About This Opportunity
The Security Officer 2 role is an experienced position. Your duties may include foot and vehicle patrols of multiple buildings to ensure the safety and security of Herman Miller team members, guests, and property against fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other hazards. You may answer phone calls for Security service from all over the world, dispatch patrol officers, deal with all alarms at all facilities, utilize the CCTV System, and monitor the access control system. You'll liaison between Herman Miller and outside agencies, including law enforcement and fire departments. You will also investigate and report suspicious or unusual occurrences, assist in hazardous response, and provide first aid.
What You'll Do
You'll have chances to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Act as the face of Herman Miller.
- Use provided resources to make decisions without direct supervision.
- Use initiative and strong situational awareness with balanced and sound independent judgment.
- Be service centric while effectively and tactfully enforcing Herman Miller policies and procedures.
- Monitor, operate, test, and have data entry responsibility for a variety of computerized and electronic equipment used in access control, fire, and security systems.
- Respond to medical, fire, and other site emergencies.
- Protect sensitive company and team member information.
- Work in a team environment while completing projects as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Maintain excellent attendance for your assigned shifts and scheduled training sessions.
- Assume incident command for medical, fire, and other emergencies.
- Accurately and quickly utilize computer-aided software for complaint documentation and dispatching.
- Prepare reports and activity logs and communicate the information as needed.
- Act as a mentor when called upon and provide training and guidance to junior officers.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A high school diploma or GED. An Associate's degree (or higher) in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, or another related field is preferred.
- Public safety, military, or related job experience (preferred).
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- A first aid/CPR/AED Certification
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to coach and achieve results through others to solve immediate issues.
- The ability to interact with personnel at all levels within the corporation, outside agencies, and the general public in a friendly, positive, and professional manner.
- The ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. This includes the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions, and reports.
- An excellent attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to manage multiple job duties while maintaining the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality.
- The ability to prioritize decisions based upon multiple criteria and identifiable standards of policies and procedures, and to work independently with little or no supervision.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Apply on company website