About this Opportunity
As a Product Manager - CBS, you'll serve as product champion for specified product line(s) globally by developing, implementing, and managing product management activities to provide optimum sales and profits. You will compile and evaluate research on assigned product line(s) to establish product management strategies. You'll be responsible for product direction, pricing, profit plans, and product development to manage the product line(s) life cycle. You will manage assigned product line(s) to approved performance metrics. You may also lead product business teams and the development of product strategy for select products.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Hold accountability for product data accuracy and relevance across CBS and Herman Miller Group business systems (Sytline, PDM, EOS Cloud, CET, and Omni). You will initiate and manage workflows for changes to relevant Herman Miller Group product data systems.
- Act as a mentor to help develop other Product colleagues.
- Create necessary product sales support, training, and technical product information, including product feature summaries, competitive evaluations, and pricing comparisons. You will deliver engaging client and dealer product presentations and sales training in person and via Herman Miller Group digital platforms.
- Define analytical tools and observe research, forming insight and observations necessary to provide insight necessary for decision making. You will conduct research with customers, users, and other stakeholders.
- Define market opportunities determined by an analytical assessment. You will translate the market need into a product-specific criteria and support the product development and commercialization process with various product management tactics.
- Develop, drive, and implement individual product plans and strategy.
- Direct ongoing analysis and lead the pricing and discounting strategy to provide greatest financial performance.
- Field general questions, including competitive inquires and make decisions or recommendations to resolve.
- Manage the product life cycle of the product lines from identification, introduction, through growth and maturity, to decline and discontinuation and provide input on product simplification/discontinuation for product lines.
- Own the effort to resolve quality issues and evaluate and drive changes that affect P&L.
- Participate in and support new product exploration data inputs for an assigned product. You will support Product Development projects providing insight and direction on customer needs, pricing strategy, and product criteria.
- Work in close collaboration with Marketing and Sales colleagues throughout Herman Miller Group to define and implement new product launches and market launch activation plans.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or Furniture/Product Design (preferred).
- An understanding of product management best practices and processes, typically gained through four to seven years of experience in product management/product marketing or related experience.
- Contract furniture or capital goods marketing experience and/or premium consumer merchant experience (preferred).
- Understanding of the customer and sales process with demonstrated customer and field interaction.
- Understanding of global channels and markets and the ability to apply this understanding to develop effective product strategy for one or more products.
- A full understanding of operations, production, supply management, and the full value stream.
- The ability to apply understanding of Herman Miller's channels, including dealer and/or retail, and their main functions (sales, design, and operations) to develop product strategies for one or more products.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to investigate and analyze information to make recommendations.
- The ability to handle multiple concurrent responsibilities and work in a constantly changing environment, as well as the ability to manage multiple major projects and priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding leadership skills with proven creative problem-solving skills and the ability to lead through influence and relationship building within all areas of the company.
- Leadership skills, including experience leading cross-functional development teams.
- Product platform team and market research experience (preferred).
- Analytical and project management skills and the ability to develop project plans and manage activities for a medium or large cross-functional project.
- Strong business, financial, manufacturing, and purchasing acumen and the ability to integrate this knowledge into decision making.
- Understanding of how product management impacts the financial positioning of the product line and the ability to make decisions around improving the overall P&L of the product line.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller Group office environment.
- A willingness to travel to Herman Miller Group dealer and customer sites globally.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Apply on company website