About this Opportunity
This high-visibility role will lead the evolution of Herman Miller Group's Analytics function. You will build the analytical arm of the organization, developing internal and external partnerships to support all areas of the business across B2B and B2C. You'll take ownership of the end-to-end analytics process from prioritization, strategy/direction, and data-gathering through to finalized insights and presentation, with a focus on helping partners interpret the results of analyses/reports and guiding them through actionable ways to strategically implement the insights and findings. You will also help develop a data-driven culture across the organization, become a partner to the Data Team to continually enhance our data environment, and be an innovation leader across Data and Analytics for the organization.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Develop business partnerships, enable access to their data, help educate, and turn insights into action.
- Build and manage a high performing team over time. For now, you will be a true player-coach doing lots of hands-on, detailed work to develop strategies and get our data working for us.
- Situate the Analytics Team as a strategic partner that can provide data-driven insights to guide strategy.
- Own the prioritization of projects, communicate those priorities to business partners, and create a roadmap of when and how to get things done.
- Guide the development of the Retail strategy using insights to shape elements of our prospecting and retention strategies and advise on investment and media mix, getting into the details of how we structure our UTMs. Frequency of direct mail and emails will be extremely important and be one of your initial focus areas.
- Develop a Product Life Cycle process in which data and insights is easily accessible and shared across Product Development, Testing, Manufacturing, Customer, Customer Service, and Quality groups.
- Introduce solutions to better understand our customer and the customer journey, including multi touch attribution, media mix modeling, customer identification, and more.
- Develop a B2B customer funnel supported by new KPIs and metrics, and help drive the system change required to capture data needed to better understand the process.
- Improve our test and learn culture to enable successful personalization initiatives across marketing and eCommerce.
- Work with the Data Team to communicate suggestions for continuous improvements in data quality and management.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, Information Technology, Business Analytics, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master's degree is preferred.
- 10 years of experience working within modern data and analytics teams in high-growth, high-performance environments.
- Five years of management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership competence as defined by Executive Competencies, including the proven ability to effectively focus resources to implement a business strategy, generate excitement and commitment around the vision and goals, and drive innovation and change.
- A breadth of experience in a variety of industries, business models, and analytical tools.
- Knowledge of current retail landscape, associated trends, and business models that are influencing the retail market.
- Experience in retail marketing analytics, uncovering insights, and providing strategy to drive paid marketing performance (e.g., Google Search, Google Shopping, Facebook, Pinterest, Criteo, etc.).
- SQL skills and the ability to own transformation and analysis, both hands-on and through managing your team. This includes experience with Snowflake, SQL Server, Vertica, Oracle, etc.
- The ability to develop dashboards and reports across various tools (Tableau, Looker, Business Objects, Qlik etc.).
- Skills with data science tools like python and R.
- An understanding of and experience using advanced analytical techniques (e.g., predictive modeling, optimization, anomaly detection, forecasting, time-series analysis) to solve real-world problems.
- The ability to think strategically and execute tactically, be solution-focused, and solve problems.
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills, and the ability to present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way to a variety of audiences, including the highest level of the organization.
- The ability to lead, influence, and work with all levels in the organization.
- The ability to navigate multiple business units and verticals.
- The ability to use a broad business acumen and holistic perspective to see the opportunities and risks of potential trade-offs.
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, and people development skills.
- A high standard of performance and you are results-oriented.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Apply on company website