You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Director, Global Brand Studio at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Director, Global Brand Studio, you'll lead total content direction and creation for the Brand portion of the business. This includes aligning on brand consistency, prioritizing work (external/internal), and aligning with global leaders that leverage content across the organization. You will be responsible for the creative direction and execution of global Herman Miller and Herman Miller Group brand marketing content that builds a consistent and premium brand perception and drives preference for external and internal audiences at all touchpoints. You'll influence strategy and implement direction across all brand standards and visual language across customer and employee touchpoints for prioritized Herman Miller Group brands. You will direct and manage the full creative team including writers and designers, and will work directly with the project management team to prioritize work and plan resources. You'll also work collaboratively with global design leaders for Contract, Retail, Regions, Product, Brand Marketing, Communications, and Sales.
This position can be located in Holland, Michigan, or New York.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Direct and manage internal and external design resources.
- Direct brand and marketing execution for Herman Miller, Herman Miller Group, and prioritized family brands (Geiger and Nemschoff).
- Partner with Communications to understand strategies and prioritize an agreed upon chart of work for external and internal audiences.
- Partner with creative leaders across the organization to direct the creation and publishing of up-to-date brand standards for Digital, Print, and Environments.
- Partner with the Global Marketing Team to prioritize an agreed upon chart of work and inform a creative approach to build brand loyalty and preference through campaigns and social media.
- Partner with the Global Product organization to drive a clear and consistent product marketing strategy.
- Present creative work internally to leadership and assume responsibility for delivering high performing, brand aligned communications and experiences.
- Serve as the expert on a consistent Global Brand voice and execution.
- Stay connected with internal and external best practices across the digital marketing landscape for all manner of digital campaigns and communications.
- Research and maintain knowledge of emerging design themes and industry trends.
- Train and develop direct reports, estimate personnel needs, assign work, meet completion dates, and interpret and ensure the consistent application of organizational policies and technologies.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Art, Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, Film, Journalism, or related field.
- Ten years of experience in a creative leadership role.
- Three years of management or project leadership experience.
- The ability to inspire, lead, and manage an extended team of creative resources and talent.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and experience developing and delivering presentations.
- The ability to "read the room;" manage up, down, and sideways; and communicate information, ideas, procedures, and process in a logical sequence and at a level appropriate to the audience.
- The ability to work collaboratively and to teach, coach, monitor, and influence key stakeholders at various levels of the organization (i.e., employees, visitors, and vendors).
- The ability to build long-term relationships with customers and business partners, particularly at senior decision-making levels across an organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to investigate and analyze complex data and generate new ideas and solutions to resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- The ability to exercise independent judgment and to think strategically.
- An intimate understanding of design, copy, and web best practices and guidelines.
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts.
- The ability to exercise well-developed judgment skills when making timely decisions.
- Demonstrated leadership competence as defined in Herman Miller's Leadership Competency Model.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment and the design industry.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Apply on company website