DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Certified Surgical Assist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Henrico Doctors Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Henrico Doctors Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Certified Surgical Assist will serve as a professional member of the OR team utilizing principles of aseptic technique to create and maintain a sterile field, plan and provide equipment and supplies based on patient and physician needs and demonstrate competency in assisting surgeon as it relate to unit scope of care.
- You will promote cost containment while delivering quality patient care within the operating room.
- Participate in on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed.
- You will demonstrate flexibility to perform other functions within Surgical Services to assist in the smooth operation of the department.
- Provide a safe environment for the surgical patient during their perioperative experience.
- Exercise sound judgment and decision making skills on behalf of patient, self and peers.
Henrico Doctors' Hospital (Parham Campus), a 200-bed acute care facility is located in the upbeat, West End area of Richmond, minutes from the historic University of Richmond campus and a short drive from the beautiful outdoor mall, Short Pump Town Center. Parham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities
Parham Doctor's Hospital Awards and Recognitions:
- Healthgrades 100 Best Hospitals in America for Orthopedic Surgery & Joint Replacement
- These distinctions put Parham Doctors' Hospital in the top 5% of more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide
- The Joint Commission awarded the Orthopedic Program the Gold Seal of Approval for hip replacement, knee replacement and spinal fusion
Graduate of an approved CORT program, or RN, or LPN, or Certified Surgical Assistant Program is required
Minimum of three years' operating room scrubbing experience is also required
Certification in training as a Surgical Assistant or RNFA Certification preferred
One year experience as a Surgical assistant highly preferred
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website