SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Social Worker PRN today in the Behavioral Health unit at Parham Doctors Hospital
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. As a PRN employee you can plan for your future by participating in our 401k program
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Social Worker where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Clinical Social Worker/Counselor PRN provides case management and therapy services to patients and their families, as a member of a multidisciplinary team. Therapeutic interventions are focused on assessment, crisis stabilization, psycho-therapy, and discharge planning.
- You will provide initial and ongoing psychosocial assessments for patients/families having complex psychosocial needs. Ensure patient is progressing towards desired outcomes and identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient care.
- Collaborate with the health care team and develop treatment goals and plans intervention that assist the patient and family to resolve psychosocial concerns that may arise as a result of psychiatric illnesses, engagement in high-risk social behaviors (i.e. substance abuse), limited finances and/or physical disabilities.
- You will provide crisis and supportive counseling to enhance the patient's and family's problem solving and coping skills.
- Participate in the therapeutic process by conducting psychotherapy group and individual therapy for patients as well as patient families.
- You will collaborate with community agencies to provide services to assist with housing, financial, transportation, psychosocial, educational, home health, and home medical equipment needs of patients/families post discharge. Ensure every patient has discharge appointments set at discharge and discharge planning is started at admission.
- Document assessments, treatment goals, interventions, outcomes, and discharge plans in the patient's medical record congruent with departmental policies
Henrico Doctors' Hospital (Parham Campus), a 200-bed acute care facility is located in the upbeat, West End area of Richmond, minutes from the historic University of Richmond campus and a short drive from the beautiful outdoor mall, Short Pump Town Center. Parham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, making it a very reputable and secure organization to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless! Parham Doctor's Hospital Awards and Recognitions:
- Healthgrades 100 Best Hospitals in America for Orthopedic Surgery & Joint Replacement
- These distinctions put Parham Doctors' Hospital in the top 5% of more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide
- The Joint Commission awarded the Orthopedic Program the Gold Seal of Approval for hip replacement, knee replacement and spinal fusion
At least the equivalent of 1 year of experience is required, which can include a graduate level practicum. Experience must be focused in the area of inpatient hospitalization, partial hospitalization, crisis prevention, or outpatient practice.
- Three years of experience is preferred working directly with outpatient psychiatric care patients in a group setting in addition to having medical social worker or counseling knowledge.
- Master's Degree is required from an accredited social work or counseling program. Licensed in the State of Virginia.
- Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor licensure is required who is approved by the state of Virginia to do supervision for unlicensed, masters prepared social workers or counselors. Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC).
- BLS (American Heart) prior to hire
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) within 30 days of hire
- Hours: One weekend a month is required, but can work more weekends as needed/if available. Some week day opportunities are also available to help cover vacations.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply! We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website