SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician II to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, Texas
Pharmacy Technician II – Pharmacy
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.What you will do in this role:
- Under Direction of the Director of Pharmacy Services or a Registered Pharmacist, has the responsibility for the preparation, storage, safe distribution of all drugs and drug products to the hospital staff, physicians and patients.
- Prepares IV admixtures in accordance with established procedures
- Restocks Pyxis and troubleshoots system as needed
- Accurately dispenses medications upon receipt of labels
- Handle incoming phone inquiries from customers; routes call to appropriate person if not able to resolve issue
- Performs quality audits upon request
- Demonstrates good time management by prioritizing tasks to be done, avoiding non-work distractions
- Delivers IV and medications to patient care areas as scheduled and on request
- Performs check of inventory for expired medications in accordance with established procedures
- Exhibits teamwork by offering assistance to others when own work is done, or asking for assistance when unable to complete assigned work
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the department, as needed
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Current technician license with Texas State Board of Pharmacy Registration
- IV certification required.
- Pharmacy Technician experience in a hospital setting strongly preferred
- Incumbent must have a working familiarity with pharmaceutical terminology
- Must demonstrate intelligence, accuracy, imagination and industry in keeping with the prestige and image of the department and hospital.
- Must be able to function effectively with very remote and indirect supervision
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website