TeamHealth has an excellent full-time System Medical Director (SMD) opportunity located in Asheville, North Carolina. This is a leadership position with oversite over multiple sites and programs. The SMD role will oversee six (6) hospitals and their facility medical directors as well as will serve as the facility medical director over Mission Health Hospital located in the heart of Asheville.
- Oversee communications between multi-service lines and multi-sites to ensure a smooth patient experience throughout the hospital visit;
- Oversight and support of clinical and non-clinical activities provided by Mission hospitalists program which is 45+ physicians strong;
- Maintain the strong partnership between TeamHealth and the Mission Health facilities, resulting in the highest quality of patient care;
- Monday-Friday Administrative Schedule with the option to pick up clinical shifts.
- Employed opportunity with access to full medical, dental and vision benefits;
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC) and diversity and inclusion programs;
- Administrative stipend + clinical shift pay;
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute;
- Medical Practice Insurance Coverage.
Mission Health, which traces its roots in the region back to 1885, operates six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital and the regions only dedicated Level II trauma center. Its medical staff consists of more than 1,000 physicians and is certified in more than 50 medical specialties and sub-specialties. Mission Health has seven Centers of Excellence: Cancer, Heart, Mission Childrens Hospital, Neurosciences, Orthopedics, Trauma and Womens Health. Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, is the systems flagship hospital and is licensed for 763 beds. It is the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care. It also includes Mission Childrens Hospital the regions only childrens hospital. Other Mission Health member hospitals include Angel Medical Center in Franklin, Blue Ridge Regional Hospital in Spruce Pine, Highlands-Cashiers Hospital in Highlands, McDowell Hospital in Marion and Transylvania Regional Hospital in Brevard. With approximately 10,700 employees and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.
General Western NC:
Western North Carolina is uniquely nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Here youll find the perfect balance of welcoming, vibrant towns alive with the arts, and some of Americas most celebrated destinations for pursuing a wide range of outdoor activities and enjoying the surrounding beauty of the area. Outdoor adventures include river rafting and tubing, hiking, zip lining, mountain biking, golfing, fishing, water and snow skiing and much more. Located in the heart of Western North Carolina is Asheville, which is named Beer City, USA. Given this distinction the Asheville area has more micro-breweries per capita than any other city in the US. Asheville features the largest privately owned home in the United States the Biltmore House, built by George Vanderbilt in 1889-1895, in. Nearby excursions to the south include the town of Lake Lure and Chimney Rock State Park, home of where Dirty Dancing was filmed, and Historic Hendersonville, NC home to the Apple Festival, Tulip Extravaganza, and Garden Jubilee. To the west, Great Smokey National Park and to the east Mt, Mitchell, the highest peak east of the Rockies, Linville Caverns and falls. Blowing Rock-Appalachian Ski Mtn, Grandfather Mountain, Little Switzerland, Sugar Mountain, in Boone are north of Marion.
TeamHealth has an excellent full-time System Medical Director (SMD) opportunity located in Asheville, North Carolina. This is a leadership posit...
Apply on company website