Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Sr Cloud Infrastructure Eng with HCA Healthcare you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Healthcare family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Sr Cloud Infrastructure Eng to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Position Summary
The Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about technology and innovation looking to join a highly collaborative, team-oriented organization. You will be responsible for building strong relationships with HCA ITG leaders, project managers, enterprise architects, and other technical teams for delivering products and services to meet their needs while adhering to industry best practices and HCA Policies and Guidelines.
You will work closely with various areas of the enterprise to define, architect, and enable the delivery of cloud services and solutions, focusing on infrastructure as code (IAC) across a multi-tiered, multi cloud strategy. These responsibilities require the candidate to have a deep understanding of:
- Infrastructure as Code
- DevOps and CI/CD Processes
- Lifecycle Configuration management
- Disaster Recovery / High Availability
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
You will interact daily with the following departments:
- Application Product teams
- Enterprise Architecture
- Business Partners
- Information Privacy and Protection
- Security Architecture
- Help educate HCA business units and mentor engineers/developers on best practices and use of cloud technologies.
- Migrate complex, multi-tier applications to public cloud
- Stay abreast of cloud technologies, capabilities, and industry use of cloud to help guide HCA's strategy and adoption.
- Support DevOps operations by integrating developed IaC into CICD pipeline builds
- Work closely with customers to develop robust and reusable configuration management components
- Review and recommend optimization opportunities.
- Develop documentation utilizing standardized templates including: Installation and Configuration Guides, design, and engineering plans.
- Participate on a team designing, developing and testing IaC solutions for IaaS and PaaS solutions for on-prem or Cloud platforms
- Execute and maintain standard infrastructure as code modules for reuse by development teams and other business units.
- Propose, document, and manage enterprise technical standards alongside the Cloud Center of Excellence for the use, deployment, support, and governance of cloud technologies.
- Write other non-templated documentation as needed to support tasks like: process and procedures documents for operational support, lessons learned, diagrams, systems administration guidelines, systems set-up documentation, hardware integration test plans and results.
- Design, optimize, and document the operational aspects of the Cloud platform
- Support change, incident, and problem management activities related to end-to-end cloud operations.
- Support workload migration activities to cloud.
- Provide ongoing service support and run-time system administration.
- Associates Degree or Cloud Certification – AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in deploying and supporting critical applications to a cloud solution in an engineer role for a mid-sized organization or larger or equivalent years of experience in Core Infrastructure background and experience as a senior level engineer in infrastructure operations.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience building and releasing infrastructure-as-code (IAC) in a controlled environment with an understanding of full lifecycle configuration management or equivalent experience in workflow automation, CI/CD pipeline development, and development against APIs such as REST interfaces.
- Demonstrate disciplined engineering practices, including documenting solutions, transferring knowledge to other team members, and sound quality assurance practices.
- Demonstrate a direct and value-added contribution.
Occasional Travel: The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Sr Cloud Infrastructure Eng opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website