Exciting opportunity for an experienced Maternal Fetal Medicine physician with academic experience to take the next step to lead a new Fellowship Program. Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) in Asheville, NC plans to open a new MFM Fellowship program to start in 2021. Class size to be determined but possibly 2 - 4 fellows. The Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship Director will partner with the Department Chair of OB/GYN, MFM Division Director, OB/GYN Residency Program Director, Designated Institutional Official and MFM Faculty and will be responsible for all areas of program management and accreditation with ACGME. This role will participate in clinical care within the Maternal Fetal Medicine Division and will have dedicated administrative time for program oversight.
- Must be board certified by theAmericanBoardof Obstetrics and Gynecology or the American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology,with Maternal Fetal Medicine subspecialtycertification;
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience as a maternal-fetal medicine physician following completion of a maternal-fetal medicine fellowship;
- Must be active in the care of MFM patients with clinical expertise in high risk obstetrics, imaging and prenatal diagnosis;
- Must havepublication of original research in peer-reviewed journals within the past three years; and at least one of the following within the past three years:
- Extramural peer-reviewed funding;
- Presentation at regional or national scientific or faculty development meetings (primary presenter, co- presenter, co- investigator, or senior author); or
- Participation in national committees or educational organizations.
The MAHEC Department of OB/GYN and our hospital affiliate, Mission Health System, serve as the primary referral sites for women's health care in the 17 westernmost counties of North Carolina. In addition to the Maternal Fetal Medicine team, OB/GYN Residency faculty include 14 Generalists, 12 Advanced Practice Providers, and the Residency Program includes 16 Residents. The pediatric subspecialties are well-represented locally and NICU has 52 beds.
Asheville is nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains and is the cultural hub of western North Carolina. It has a population of nearly 100,000 inhabitants and is the ideal community for families, outdoor enthusiasts, music and beer lovers. Access to air travel is nearby in Asheville and Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC.
For consideration, please email your CV to Robyn Cobb. You may also call or use the provided Calendly link to set up a time to discuss your interest in the opportunity.Exciting opportunity for an experienced Maternal Fetal Medicine physician with academic experience to take the next step to lead a new Fellowshi...
Apply on company website