Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Consulting HIMS Application Engineer opening with Work from Home today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.Benefits
Work from Home, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Consulting HIMS Application Engineer for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and Qualifications
This position will be a key person in designing, supporting interfaces between HCA's HIS systems, the Advanced Clinical Products and the Legal Medical Record/EMR. This position will provide thought leadership and development expertise across numerous technologies, integration engines, and database architectures. They will also be tasked with identifying and vetting new opportunities and redevelop existing technologies with our partners in the system technology area.
Requirements include, but not limited to:
- Experience with McKesson Horizon Patient folder
- Experience on McKesson HPF data/document import interfaces and components (Transaction Manager, BDI, COLD Agent)
- Experience with integration/customization for various modules of Meditech (5.x, 6.0, Client/Server, Magic) and/or Epic. Experience writing NPR preferable
- Experience handling COLD data and virtual printers
- Capability to work power shell programming for custom development
- Preferably experience with Microsoft technologies (.NET, VBScript) and/or JAVA
- Knowledge of Application integration - design and architecture
- Understanding of integration engines including BizTalk and Cloverleaf
- Knowledge of HCA's clinical applications highly desirable
- Relational Database Management Systems knowledge
- Multiple Programming Languages
- Knowledge of transformation/OCR engines including Trinisys also desirable
- Presentations to business and IT&S leadership on direction and solutions
- Coaching and mentoring to lower levels
- Able to succinctly communicate both verbally and in a variety of media with individuals at various levels within the organization.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities, working individually or with teams to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people in a problem-solving environment.
- Detailed oriented and analytical with good organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple activities and tasks simultaneously and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with little supervision. RHIA certification is a plus Other HIM Technology Solutions (Computer Assisted Coding, Document management Solutions…etc) a plus
- 50% Provide routine and maintenance support to current HPF product implementation.
- 40% Collaborate with business partners, project team members, and vendor resources to continuously look for ways to improve product functionality and operational processes.
- 10% Staff & Leadership Development
- Directly interacts with customers; Assist in problem solving and solution provider
- Directly interacts with IT&S professional to assist in problem solving
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years
- High School Graduate/Equivalent
- Technical Training
- Other as Noted: Work experience can substitute education requirement.
- Strong communication skills
- High Degree of self-motivation
- Must be able to work individually or in a close team environment
- Excellent written and oral skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Occasional travel to division data center and/or other facilities may be required. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Consulting HIMS Application Engineer opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website