Position Summary: Video Editor
From crafting short, engaging videos for social media to weaving interviews with musical performances in long-form content, as Video Editor, you'll be responsible for composing a variety of video deliverables for The Guitar Center Company channels and platforms: TV & digital broadcast, web, streaming, and social.
In collaboration with Content, Social, and Creative department leads you will be working on video for a range of different formats including advertising commercials, product demonstrations, educational 'how to' content, interviews, promotional teaser clips, and performances in both short and long-form.
As a video editor, you must be able to quickly grasp the vision, narrative arc, messaging, and musical direction for the final piece to be able to effectively construct the video in line with the brand and style guidelines.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Using video footage, imagery, dialogue, music, graphics, titles, and color, craft videos that showcase the product, music, production technique, talent, and brand in the best and most compelling light possible
- Video post-production tasks include backing up media, transcoding media, organizing media, synchronizing audio and raw footage, creating proxies, reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, rough cuts, color correction, and final editing and layoff using Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and other industry-standard software
- Editing pre-shot footage provided by artists & or sourced from vendors
- Experimenting with styles and techniques including the use of after-effects, as well as creation and implementation of motion graphics
- Carry out online editing duties, which involve finalizing technical aspects such as correcting faulty footage, grading, and coloring, and adding special effects
- Provide final video deliverables to the required specifications of the distribution platforms they'll be featured on
- Work collaboratively with content producers, production, audio engineers, social media, graphics & design, and other video producers
- Additional duties as required
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Creativity and a passion for cinematography, video editing, and the role of sound and music in video is a must
- A degree in video production or 4 years of relevant work experience in a professional video producing environment demonstrating competence in all areas of video production
- Professional video production procedures, practices, techniques, terminology, and production equipment including video cameras, basic lighting principles, file compression, graphics manipulation, and post-production equipment
- Proper handling and troubleshooting of broadcast-quality video production and post-production equipment
- Principles of digital video capture and Adobe Premiere video editing software
- Well versed in using color grading & color correcting software including DaVinci Resolve and Red Giant
- Experience editing interviews, product detail, and musical performances are a plus
- Comfortable working in documentary, unscripted productions as well as following storyboard and script
- Demonstratable range in editing more polished and produced multi-cam 4K+ pieces as well as rough, single-camera work with lower quality footage
- Ability to follow and craft storylines and communicate information in a captivating and enticing manner
- An understanding of compelling composition and design
- Comfortable cutting video clips for social platforms including Instagram and Tik-Tok
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind and ability to work creatively and efficiently
- Able to take and implement creative direction and feedback effectively
- Able to listen to others and to work well collaboratively as part of a team
- A high level of self-motivation, commitment, and dedication
- Ability to work under pressure with a high degree of organization and to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Available for travel as needed to remote locations both within and outside of Southern California
- Maintain an awareness of current video trends, editing technology, and effective practices to stay on top of creating compelling video that will best connect with our customers, audience, and community
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website