Position Summary: Technician II, IT Support Services
Do you love music? Do you believe in the power of music to bring people together? If you do, and you want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians, then we have a position where you can find your sound.
The Level II Support Services Technician acts as the primary point of contact responsible for delivering first and second-level support to Guitar Center retail locations and field personnel who experience procedural or operating difficulty with the use of common systems, services, and applications.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represent other Information Systems staff members, teams, and their services to the end-user community.
- Provides technical assistance to systems and users working towards the resolution of operational problems.
- Provides remote and hands-on desktop support to connect, upgrade and maintain desktop computers and printers in the warehouse and in the office area.
- Provide connectivity to wireless or wired infrastructure for desktops, laptops, printers, phone systems, and all Distribution Center computer-related equipment, such as RF devices.
- Basic administration of Active Directory accounts, POS system profiles, and all other employee logins, permissions, e-mails, and menu level accounts.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming calls, e-mail, and ticket requests while maintaining clear work history records in our problem management database.
- Follows up on all actions and maintains ownership of issues where initial action has been passed back to the user.
- Determine the most effective manner to resolve problems presented over the phone or submitted through our problem management system by leading users through diagnostic procedures.
- Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues involving network devices, servers, workstation operating systems, and application software. Consults with the Level III Help Desk support role when necessary.
- Actively communicate and interface with escalation teams to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner, including but not limited to network, phone, or power-related issues.
- Work side-by-side with Level III support to analyze call data, identify potential problems underlying recurring issues, and collect more information from users as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of experience in a similar role in a Distribution Center or Warehouse environment preferred.
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware (RF guns, zebra printers, PC's, Printers, other internal/external devices), and software (MS Office, email) problems required.
- General knowledge of Network Equipment (I.E. Switches, Routers, Access Points) IPV4/IPV6 Configuration, Protocols, Cabling, Network Infrastructure, VLANs required.
- General Server 2003/2008 and Active Directory proficiency required.
- Knowledge of personal computer technology and software applications in a Windows environment required, Linux preferred.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website