PUROSE OF THE JOB:
As a junior member of the store leadership team this position provides guidance and assistance to other store associates, maintains strong individual sales performance levels, and assists with merchandising and operational tasks to help the store deliver the best possible customer experience. This is an entry-level management position to serve as a stepping stone and growth opportunity into a future store leadership role.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT WILL NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Provide sales and operational guidance and assistance to other store associates with a focus on delivering the best customer experience
- Drive company sales initiatives (e.g. Synchrony and Pro Coverage)
- Establish and maintain strong individual sales performance as a sales individual contributor and as a Lead to mentor and guide fellow associates
- Assist with the execution of all operational tasks to ensure the store is ready to conduct business. Such tasks include but are not limited to:
- Product fulfillment on sales follow
- Ensuring functionality of displays
- Ensuring accurate pricing of inventory
- Shipping and receiving
- Inventory control functions
- Cycle counting
- Daily balancing and cash control
- Perform open and closing duties as required and scheduled by Management
- New hire training for Sales and Operations support staff
- Operate as Manager in Charge in the absence of store leadership team
About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
To join our band, you'll need the minimum requirements & special attributes:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years of directly relevant work experience in a retail or sales environment.
- Lead, supervisory or management experience a plus.
- Solid working experience with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); proficiency strongly preferred (pivot tables, macros, formulas, v-lookups, etc.).
- Able to work independently, prioritize responsibilities and multi-task with an appropriate level of urgency.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, effective maneuver within all areas of the store, and lift weight of up to 25 pounds.
Apply on company website