Position Summary: Social Media and Content Analyst
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Demonstrate proven knowledge of all the social platforms and how unique communities, influencers, and audiences are using them
- Execute social media strategy through a keen understanding of customer engagement, community, product, platform, established benchmarks, and brand guidelines
- Support the development and maintenance of the organic social posting calendar
- Schedule & build posts, including assistance in writing captions
- Provide regular trend spotting, competitive analysis, and identification of opportunities for implementing improved social best practices
- Recognize potential influencer engagement opportunities that align with strategic brand initiatives
- Create regular organic performance reports with oversight from Social Media Management
- Maintain active social listening by engaging with or liking relevant comments as appropriate from customers, vendors, artists, etc.
- In collaboration with our Customer Experience team, monitor our social channels and report any significant issues to Senior Management for timely follow-up and resolution
- Help ideate, plan, and capture assets specific to social media for events, campaigns, projects, and content shoots
- Coordinate content assets for social posts
- Assist in coordinating gear for social shoots
- Work in partnership with Content Production, Artist Relations, Store Teams, Merchants, and others in the Marketing department to help amplify the efforts of the business
Optimize YouTube Channel & Video Publishing:
- Assist in prepping all approved videos for publishing including coordinating of assets (thumbnail preview, product URL(s), relevant artist info), first pass on the creation of tags, title, description, and cards (with final approval by Content Producer); add product videos to the product detail page on Musician's Friend or Guitar Center websites.
- Audit all existing videos for SEO optimized copy, links, tags, and cards
- Add captions to top-performing, evergreen videos
- Monitor, update, create new playlists as needed
- Review videos for embedding opportunities on Musician's Friend and Guitar Center websites
- Update internal Content Publishing report & Project Management for any newly published videos
- Provide regular performance reports based upon agreed KPIs (impressions, views, new subscribers, average watch time, traffic to the site, etc.)
Building and Coordinating of Article Production:
- Build articles in the Content Management System (CMS), as requested
- Review articles for required updates:
- Link checking
- Formatting according to style guides
- ALT tags on images
- Work with SEO team to identify internal linking and backlinking opportunities
- Provide regular performance reports based upon established KPIs
- Additional duties as required
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Creativity and a passion for musical instruments, music-making, and the culture and lifestyle that surrounds it
- A deep grasp of current and emerging social media platforms and trends
- A relevant degree in music, music production, marketing or 4 years of relevant work experience in a professional Social Media marketing and/or Content production environment
- Professional experience managing social media account(s) of a brand or business
- Experience working within a Content Management System for blog publishing (Ex. WordPress)
- Able to communicate what's interesting about a product, technique, artist, etc. in a relevant and compelling caption
- A solid understanding of Social Media and Content analytics/KPIs, with experience reporting on them, including those unique to different platforms
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop and other Creative Suite titles
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently
- Able to take and implement creative direction and feedback effectively and able to listen to others and to work well collaboratively as part of a team and with other teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A high level of self-motivation, commitment, and dedication
- Ability to work under pressure with a high degree of organization and attention to deadlines
- Available for travel as needed to remote locations both within and outside of Southern California
- Comfortable lifting 25+lbs of musical equipment as needed
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website