Position Summary: Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting
The senior financial reporting analyst prepares financial statements, notes and analysis for internal and external users, supports the annual financial statement audit, performs technical accounting research, and handles technical accounting, ad-hoc and special projects as needed.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Prepares and reviews GAAP financial statements and notes similar to SEC filings on Forms 10-Q and 10-K; prepares and maintains supporting work paper documentation for external auditor review
- Analyzes data and works with finance and business managers to prepare MD&A for quarterly and annual reports
- Consolidates and analyzes subsidiary financial statements, including variances from budget, prior year periods, and trends
- Prepares and reviews monthly management reporting package and financial statements for lender compliance
- Performs technical accounting research and analysis to ensure proper application of GAAP to unusual, complex, or new transactions
- Prepares and reviews equity and impairment journals supporting the financial close process
- Assists in preparing quarterly earnings call script
- Prepares and reviews ad-hoc reports and analysis for equity investors, management, and others
- Additional duties as required
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or CPA candidate required
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- Solid understanding of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work both independently and with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with Hyperion and PeopleSoft preferred
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website