Position Summary: Program Manager - Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
The Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) Program Manager is responsible for production planning, logistics, tracking, monitoring, and facilitating enterprise-wide campaigns and training and will serve as an integral member of the Guitar Center Company's DIB team. This newly formed team is responsible for initiating, driving, and sustaining fact-based people and culture strategy from the ground up with the specific aim of growing a healthy, inclusive workforce that is as diverse as the world we live in and the clients and customers we serve.
The DIB Project Manager ensures that every step of each process is handled efficiently, properly documented, and is always the source of order and accountability. Projects include in-person and live training across brands, as well as physical, digital, and video content, including Training Videos, In-Store Signage, Landing Pages, and more. The DIB Project Manager will also manage administrative duties, such as calendaring and expense reports.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Collaborate with the DIB team to implement DIB strategy across the enterprise, and help with annual strategic planning and reporting
- Drive program management for all DIB-related initiatives, including marketing/managing programs, calendaring training, prompting pre-work assignments, proactive roster, and waitlist management, evaluation process, on-day execution of programs, etc.
- Communicating with associates at all levels across the Guitar Center Company to answer training queries, distribute associate communication and pre-work materials for attendees, and ensure attendance to programs.
- Create, oversee, and maintain detailed schedules based on yearly calendars of planned campaigns, events, and initiatives.
- Use workflow management system to track projects and record all decisions/directions/delays/issues, keep project status and information communicated to all up to date, and generate reports on DIB team activities
- Liaising with external facilitators and internal events team to ensure appropriate materials, setting up prep meetings, room set up, and event catering for seamless end-to-end execution.
- Records production expenses incurred for project production, and reports to Department Leadership, and process all DIB invoices and project expense reports in a highly organized manner.
- Ensure all necessary feedback and approvals are received and schedule necessary actions accordingly.
- Make creative contributions to DIB strategies and tactics.
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferable in STEM Communications, Film/Multimedia, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field (or 4 years of related experience)
- 2 years of relevant work experience in Program Management (in addition to degree or years of previous experience), preferably with experience creating and/or delivering training and learning material
- Ability to acquire work travel documents (i.e. passport and visa) as required by various countries
- Experience working within Project Management Systems (such as JIRA, Base Camp, QuickBase, Workfront, Wrike, or other relevant systems
- Able to identify opportunities and issues and proactively follow through to capitalize and resolve them.
- Takes positive action without necessarily being requested to do so, and thinks critically to identify solutions
- Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities, stay on track, and achieve goals.
- Establishes a systematic course of action to achieve an objective
- Able to communicate with diverse people in a clear, concise, and courteous manner through multiple methods, including verbal and written.
- Able to develop and execute strategic project plans that align with organizational objectives.
- Coordinates groups of individuals to maximize available knowledge and resources and follows through to track progress and ensure timely completion; identifies methods for improving existing processes, practices, and procedures.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website