Position Summary: Marketing Manager, Lessons
Do you love music and have a passion for Marketing? As the liaison between the marketing team and the Lessons business team, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, executing and analyzing marketing strategies designed to drive market share growth and category leadership under the overall goals of the enterprise.
This role will lead the marketing activities on behalf of Guitar Center Lessons. You will work to drive awareness, as well as acquisition of new customers, retention of current customers, and engagement with our brand. You will ensure "best in class" overarching marketing strategies based on the mission and goals of the Guitar Center enterprise.
You will be shaping the marketing strategies with the business owners based on consumer insights, transactional data, industry trends, competitive activity, customer segmentation, and analysis to directly drive demand, purchase intent, and engagement within our brands.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Develop an annual, strategic Lessons marketing plan that identifies opportunities for the category in order to meet and exceed business performance
- Recommend, calendar and activate programs and promotional activities to build overall awareness and strengthen the market position of Guitar Center Lessons, Rentals, and Repairs.
- Collaborate with business owners to understand business objectives and needs, create comprehensive cost-effective marketing plans for service offerings aligned with the promotional cadence of the greater retail
- Develop, execute and manage dynamically compelling marketing strategies that maximize promotional campaigns to drive traffic and sales, including tactics such as PPC, online advertising, social media and internal site campaigns while continually testing, analyzing and optimizing messaging and content
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report the impact of marketing programs.
- Drive all marketing communication activities for Lessons offerings and promotions to broader organization and business teams.
- Oversee creative program development, working closely with internal partners including creative services, copy and brand teams to create integrated messaging and
- Partner with cross-functional expertise groups, connecting and coordinating marketing efforts across key marketing partners.
- Monitor competition with regard to marketing/go-to-market tactics and identify opportunities to demonstrate authority and leadership while raising Guitar Center's share of voice.
- Additional duties as assigned.
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 6 years minimum of relevant marketing experience.
- Solid understanding of marketing data and analytics, able to provide insights and decision-making based on data and learning.
- Demonstrated experience driving measurable results through customer marketing efforts.
- Experience creating and executing marketing plans.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website