PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to teach music lessons to students following the Guitar Center Lessons
curriculum, constantly working to increase student count while ensuring each current students
continues to grow, develop, and enjoy playing music.
- Teaching students utilizing the Guitar Center Lessons Curriculum
- Communicating with parents of students (where applicable) on the progress of each student.
- Assisting with customer service issues as needed, helping to maintain long term students by creating a great experience
- Additional duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor's Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in Music, Education, or related field.
- 3 years of relevant work experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience)
- Skilled ability to demonstrate competency and proficiency in the area they will be teaching
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience to a wide array of students and customers of all ages. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers. Maintains a positive approach to growing the lessons business.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Interested in learning about the entire business.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fastpaced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner. Able to protect assets and people by learning and implementing protocols and complying with guidelines.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
- Physical Functions: Sitting required 80% of the time. Walking and standing required 10% of the time, respectively. No heavy lifting required.
- Language Skills: Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
Apply on company website