Position Summary: Financial Reporting Analyst
The financial reporting analyst assists in preparing consolidated financial statements for internal and external users, maintains supporting work paper schedules, and supports the monthly accounting close by preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Assists in preparing quarterly financial statements, notes, and MD&A in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements for Forms 10-Q and 10-K; prepares and maintains supporting work paper documentation for external auditor review
- Prepares monthly financial statements for lender compliance and management reporting
- Compiles KPI data from various departments for monthly management reports
- Assists with technical accounting research to ensure proper application of GAAP to non-recurring, complex, or new transactions
- Prepares journal entries and GL account reconciliations for debt, equity, and other accounts as assigned
- Assists with impairment testing for intangible assets and fixed assets in accordance with ASC 350 and ASC 360
- Consolidates and reconciles subsidiary activity in fixed assets, intangible assets, and equity accounts
- Prepares information reports for Department of Commerce economic census
- Prepares ad-hoc reports for equity investors, management, and others as needed
- Additional duties as required
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 1 - 2 years related work experience
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Understanding of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Strong attention to detail, self-directed, and able to work collaboratively
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, experience with Oracle SmartView and PeopleSoft preferred
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website