Position Summary: Director, Order Management Systems
Guitar Center is looking for an innovative Order Management Systems (OMS) leader who will be responsible for managing all technology within the umbrella of order management applications along with the resources in the OMS team.
This individual should have demonstrated a track record of successfully implementing OMS systems in the past, designed integrations and modifications with OMS, and successfully managed projects utilizing a dev-ops team within the space of OMS. Also, the individual should be strongly familiar with Order Management best practices in today's retail environment to ensure that customer is served with the best possible experience from order initiation through delivery.
Moreover, this individual is expected to be very familiar with industry trends and cloud base/saas solutions for order management systems in the market. The individual should provide thought leadership and find ways to set up OMS for futuristic microservices architecture on the cloud as enhancements are taken. Lastly, this individual should have a track record of building and developing a successful technology team to run and govern the order management value stream, its enhancements, and support.
This is a highly visible role reporting to the VP of Supply Chain Systems and will interact with VP/SVP's and C-level leaders in the enterprise. This person will serve as a key member of the Information Technology organization who can stabilize and manage OMS systems.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Oversee the entire Order Management applications portfolio of projects, support, long/short term strategy, department budgets, resources, and vendors. Applications in the order management portfolio are inclusive of Sterling OMS, Store order capture, Call Center order capture, store order fulfillment, returns management, souring, and allocation management.
- Provide value streams, strategy, direction, and steps to stabilize and enhance order management technology platform to be state of the art that allows following: Global inventory, complete Omnichannel experience for all brands direct/indirect, seamless customer and store experience, full visibility/reporting and insights, automation for order/backorder management, better instrumentation for sustainability and scalability.
- Provide value streams, strategy, direction, hands-on support, and hands-on project execution to all applications in the portfolio of order management space so that they have automation, fluid integration, low TCO, scalability, and ease of use.
- Maintain and enhance order sourcing, allocation, and backorder management by ensuring that orders are fulfilled correctly and timely. Ensuring that no backorder is taken when inventory is available in the supply chain
- Accountable for the maintenance, security, scalability, compliance of all applications. Perform peak season planning and ensure proper mitigations and strategies in place to support peak volume
- Continue to seek better applications, vendor partners, and the latest technologies that can be leveraged to lower cost and improve the experience for internal & external customers.
- Thought leader, Stakeholder, and Product Manager who can understand the entire integration landscape to design end-to-end solutions, implement them and provide data-driven ROI analysis to prove success or opportunities.
- Responsible and accountable for managing all department budgets including Opex, Capex, Resources, and Vendors.
- Accountable for establishing best practices, governance, a platform for 24/7 support coverage, coaching & development, the culture of motivation and accountability, and continuous improvements of systems and resources.
- Serve as the primary interface between leadership, development team, third-party vendors, and business leaders.
- Manage the technical support leaders of business systems for all IT customers utilizing both internal and external resources.
- Able to guide and manage product owners, QA resources, project managers to ensure successful prioritization, execution, and delivery of the portfolio.
- Responsible for compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Policies/PCI as it pertains to Configuration Management, Security, and Business Continuance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- 10 years of relevant work experience in managing and providing application development, maintenance, and support (in addition to degree or years of previous experience)
- 7 years of experience with Order Management and Supply Chain Applications
- 5 years of experience developing oms code
- 5 years of experience in software development leadership roles
- 5 years managing and supporting eCommerce and retail order management applications
- 5 years of experience managing an on-shore/off-shore model for team resources for administrative support and development.
- 5 years of experience managing vendor project engagements and ongoing partnerships.
- 5 years of experience with cost control, budget development, and monitoring or similar P&L responsibility.
- Past developer and hands-on experience with Sterling OMS Software Development, OMS Database, OMS Configuration, and Properties so they can guide the technical design and development.
- Extremely hands-on and passionate to conduct and participate in Hackathons.
- Business Acumen and capable to come up with business enhancements/solutions leveraging technology.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Share Point, Project, Visio, & Sarbanes Oxley.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
Apply on company website