Position Title: Catering Sales Manager
Reports To: Director of Catering
Supervises: Food & Beverage Supervisor; Captains; Catering, Events, and Food Service Personnel
The Catering Sales Manager promotes, plans and executes member, member sponsored and nonmember activities, social and business meetings, and private events. The Catering Sales Manager coordinates and organizes events by choosing the appropriate Club room(s) based on the event's size and need; stays within budgetary constraints, directs the administrative and operational aspects of the events and oversees staff. The Catering Sales Manager shall place equal emphasis on planning and conceptualizing member internal events and private events. Periodically, the Catering Sales Manager may perform several roles or work with staff in several departments. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position. The work schedule will include nights, weekends and holidays based on scheduled events and Club necessity.
A successful Catering Sales Manager possesses the desire to contribute to the cultivation, development and success of the Club's catering and events operation. They will be prompt and proficient in responding to the client inquiries via phone or email throughout the event planning process. Must be well versed in professional communication with the ability to exercise discretion. Proficient organizational skills are a necessity. The Catering Sales Manager must be conscientious of the quantity of bookings each day, week, and month. He/she provides excellent customer service with the utmost professional integrity. Be courteous, show initiative and enthusiasm with the members, guests and staff. Ensures all events are successful through positive experiences for the Club members, guests and staff.
Essential Job Functions: *including but not limited to*
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Requires the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Coordinates with members/clients regarding inquiries for hosting events.
- Gives tours of the facility and discusses booking logistics, room options, and menus with potential clients.
- Reviews ALL BEO's and meets weekly with the Food and Beverage teams to review upcoming events and parties; informs all necessary departments of any updates or changes.
- Monitor changes to the BEO's and ensure accurate information is communicated to all departments in a timely manner.
- Cultivates strong client relationships/partnerships, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Coordinates with the Executive Chef for revisions and updates of the catering menus regularly, reflecting culinary trends and member/client needs.
- Works with the Director of Catering in hiring, firing, directing, training and supervising all direct reports in the performance of their duties in accordance with Stanford Faculty Club's performance standards.
- Works with the Director of Catering in the preparation of performance objectives and evaluation of the service staff.
- Has the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform proper table service and event set-up, familiar with table sizes and capacities, proper table settings and experience in fine dining etiquette.
- Actively markets, solicits and books business following Club standards with a focus on increasing sales during traditionally low volume times of the year.
- Oversees the processing of deposits and financial schedule with clients managing all catering related finances. Posts all event related accounting in the proper system in atimely manner and notify all departments regarding anticipated deposits including purchase orders.
Additional Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
- Ensures all events/meetings are correctly set each day.
- Creates floor plans for events and assists with meetings to prepare/ inform staff.
- Contacts clients to update and confirm details to finalize BEO's.
- Collaborates with clients and the Banquet Captain upon client arrival regarding proper set-up, event execution, and resetting for the day/evening.
- Reviews Captain Reports from previous day functions and follows up on any problems noted.
- Assigns events and sales objectives to Catering personnel and ensures all files are kept organized and current.
- Monitors the preparation and distribution of the General Event List; ensures that all information is complete, accurate and distributed on a timely basis. Proactively communicates the status of all missing or late BEO's.
- Welcomes group contact upon arrival at function and ensures guest satisfaction and assists in supervising the service of functions.
- Promotes positive guest and co-worker relations at all times.
- Contacts clients after scheduled functions to ensure guest satisfaction and to solicit rebooking.
- Provides feedback to service staff on their performance; handles disciplinary problems and counsels employees according to Club standards.
- Fosters and promotes a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Basic knowledge of the Point of Sale system and online reservation system.
- Researches professional development and training activities for her/himself.
- Special projects assigned by the Director of Catering
- Maintain proper business attire at all times including wearing of closed-toed shoes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
This position generally requires a degree and/or at least five years of experience in catering sales for banquet/event management, hospitality services, sales coordination and knowledge of fine foods and wine. Previous P&L management or contract managed service experience is desirable.
Previous knowledge, skills and abilities serving, supervising and training in a fine dining food service environment.
Great attitude and highly motivated. Ability to keep information confidential.
Required certification: ServSafe Manager Certificate. Bilingual (Spanish/English) fluency is a plus.
Be able to problem solve, create and maintain schedules, and be both a prepared and flexible person. Establish and uphold positive and productive working relationships with clients and staff. Work efficiently, both independently and as a part of a team. Be organized, exercise sound judgement, perform detailed tasks; understand, follow, and give clear verbal and written direction.
This position routinely requires standing, walking, holding/carrying, reaching, twisting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, kneeling/squatting, sitting, climbing stairs/ladders. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
Weekend, evening, and holiday availability required.
Exempt Guckenheimer Embraces Equal Opportunity Employment
Guckenheimer participates with E-Verify program as required by Law
ISS, a leading workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable – delivered to high standards by people who care. ISS believes that people make places and places make people. From strategy through to operations, ISS partners with over 60,000 customers in 30+ countries to deliver places that work, think and give and is served by 471,056 employees who connect people and places every single day. In 2019, ISS earned DKK 78 billion in revenue. It is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Apply on company website