SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Pharmacy Technician today within Grand Strand Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. As a PRN employee, you'll enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling
- 401k with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Along with a huge opportunity for growth as you'll be joining one of the largest and most successful healthcare organizations in the world.
The Pharmacy Technician promotes teamwork with pharmacists and all health care providers, promoting internal and external customer satisfaction, and strives for appropriate resource management. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
What you will do in this role:
- You will be assisting the Pharmacists in preparing and distributing drugs, maintaining the drug inventory and medical records.
- You will comply with facility policy and procedures, along with regulatory requirements.
- You will be responsible for maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization.
- You will perform quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned.
- You will accurately and safely compound and label medications and parenteral admixtures.
- You will always obtain a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication.
- You will prepare all work records needed for the day at their designated times including the discontinued, transfers, and discharge lists of parenteral preparations and efficiently process these reports before they are dispensed to the patient care areas.
- You will accurately transport medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas.
- You will receive and check in medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notify the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or damages of product.
- You will manage drug supplies in a cost-effective manner and identify opportunities to minimize waste.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- An active Registered Pharmacy Technician license in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation is required
- A national certification (CPhT) is required
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience is preferred
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website