Reporting to the Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Manager, this position will be responsible for extracting inventory and quality data, perform an analysis to determine root cause, and implement corrective actions. The Quality Coordinator will play an important role in identifying gaps with our internal operational processes and create solutions. In addition, this position will be a liaison between the Warehouse and Purchasing/Product/Import/Transportation teams. The ability to identify and suggest improvements to internal and external customers is vital to the success of this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and document incoming inbound and outbound shipments to suggest and develop packaging, paperwork, carton marking, and shipping method improvements.
- Driving continuous improvement around inventory quality from receipt, into storage and through shipping.
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make our warehouse team and suppliers more efficient and effective.
- Complete due diligence to identify and assess supplier operational gaps and drive the improvement activities.
- Working with Purchasing, Product, Import, Transportation and the DC Teams to assist in the reconciliation of receiving errors for incoming shipments at the DC's. This includes, but is not limited to product shortages, defects or damages, product overages, product identification, no open purchase orders, wrong item(s) shipped, wrong ship to location.
- Assist with warehouse receiving and shipping teams on questions and escalating issues to all necessary areas for real time problem resolution.
- Identify and communicate to Product, Imports, Transportation, Purchasing, Suppliers and/or carriers that continually send shipments which do not meet or exceed our requirements.
- Supporting the Purchasing, Product, Transportation, and Import teams to assist in the internal quality audits of defective or damaged product.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders and establishing and maintaining effective relationships with our vendor and supplier community.
- Support Customer Service, Import, Product Management and Sales team inquiries including, but not limited to, product details such as product or packaging weights and measurements, component parts lists or assembly issues.
- Perform random inventory and quality audits to review process compliance.
- Extract system data to run analysis using Excel Pivot tables in order to determine trends uncovering the root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a distribution/warehouse environment
- Must have previous experience with both Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Experienced in project management and demonstrated success in process improvement
- Must possess outstanding communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- High standard of integrity and reliability; able to build trust & loyalty with others
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment
- Ability to gain consensus and work with multiple departments simultaneously
- Must possess the ability to identify issues and create solid corrective action plans
Who We Are
We've been around for a while, and we believe our continued success is due to the basic principles of recognizing and rewarding superior performance for individuals and teams. We've seen this principle drive innovations and solutions to promote higher levels of productivity and customer service.
Our 70 year history of consistent success provides you with solid employment. We hire employees who are good at what they do and enjoy their work, and we offer a number of benefits and coverage for individuals and families. Our corporate culture strives to maintain strong communication at all levels, professionalism in our work, and respect for our co-workers.
Systemax is the parent company of the Industrial Products Group, which includes GlobalIndustrial.com, GlobalIndustrial.ca/Avenue, C&H Government, Nexel Industries, Industrial Supplies.com and other affiliated companies.
Global Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply.
Apply on company website