Founded in 1852, the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is a manufacturer and marketer of premium chocolate products.
At Ghirardelli, we value quality, passion, innovation, leadership, teamwork and our people. We aim to provide a work environment that is conducive to both personal and professional growth. We believe that each employee contributes directly to Ghirardelli's growth and success.
This Production Specialist position is responsible for packaging and palletizing finished good chocolate product and additionally, moving and dumping cocoa beans into manufacturing equipment for production, includes sealing or palletizing a box or bag. Additionally this position is responsible for supporting the efficient production of the manufacturing lines.
This position, by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, is responsible for recommending, developing, implementing and managing safety, quality and food safety on all product lines.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Bulk Operator is primarily responsible for variety of Bulk Handling production work. This work may involve any or all of such activities as lifting 50lbs bulk bags, quality adjustments, quality checks, sealing, palletizing, product dumping, routine maintenance, cleaning and other production work of like nature- primarily related to the packaging area. This work may require participation in LPW activities such as maintaining PCS, 5s or AM (Cleaning, Inspection, Lubrication and Auditing) as well as improvement team participation.
-Weight lifting requirements 50lbs.
After initial training period of 1-3 weeks employees may be eligible to be placed into an unsigned/open bid job at a higher rate of pay.Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Responsible for the successful operations of the production of Ghirardelli product
- Strives for continuous improvement in quality, safety, schedule adherence, costs, and waste
- Ability to problem solve and resolve production opportunities or down lines
- Raise appropriate production issues to supervisor
- Participate in departmental and corporate projects
- Must maintain regular and prompt attendance.
- May include other tasks or projects as assigned
- Must have the ability to lift 50lbs
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Computer skills a plus
- Previous experience working with automated machinery preferred
- Previous experience or exposure to Lean Manufacturing tools
- Works in a unionized food manufacturing environment
- Currently, all shifts are available
Apply on company website