1852, Ghirardelli has created a legacy of creativity that sets our company apart from our competitors. Today, our innovative heritage continues to thrive, as Ghirardelli team members of different backgrounds work together, joined by a common passion: bringing new, delicious ideas to life.
We've made it our priority to offer a supportive, engaging culture where our people feel valued, not simply for the skills they bring to our company, but for who they are as individuals. That's why we make sure that all of our team members, even if you are new to the company, have the opportunity to work on exciting, challenging projects and are given everything they need to do their best work.
Ghirardelli Makes Life A Bite Better! So we invite you to explore our opportunities and discover a place where your ideas come to life, as part of our delicious legacy.
Ghirardelli has an opening for a qualified mechanic on 2nd shift. The Maintenance Mechanic is an employee who performs routine, general mechanical and maintenance assignments under direction and supervision
- Understands bas
- tions Must be mechanically inclined, with a safety first mentality
- Must have a "Can Do Attitude" and be Self-starter as well as a team player
- Must be able to take direction as well as ownership of given tasks
- Must be able to have or obtain OSHA 10 hr. general industry certification
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
- Capable of following and reading an SOP, has basic knowledge of work order system
- Can trouble shoot basic pneumatic system
- Possess basic knowledge of a risk assessment
- Possess basic knowledge on how to operate tools and machines in safe and efficient manner
- Able to make observations about workplace conditions.
- Able to make observations about current surroundings.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of facility repairs
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of pipe repairs and fittings
- Demonstrates basic knowledge and understanding of electricity, i.e. residential wiring, proper PPE
- Union Environment -- Closed Shop
- Climbing (Ladder, Stairs, etc.)
- Balancing (own body)
- Stooping (bending from waist)
- Kneeling (one or both knees)
- Crouching (bending at knees)
- Lying down (on back, stomach, or side)
- Reaching (extending arm from shoulder, w/ or w/out bent elbow
- Handling (using whole hand)
- Lifting, seated
- Fingering (Fingers Only)
- Feeling (Texture, temperature, etc.)
- Kicking or pressing with foot or feet
- Work in confined spaces (side to side)
- Work or movement in areas with low clearance
- Work in high places (ladders, roofs, painting, etc.)
- Uneven floor or ground surface
- Work near opening in floor or ground
- Build --Up on floor or ground surfaces
- Near Acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less)
- Cool to Warm manufacturing environment
Ghirardelli's manufacturing plant maintains a Drug Free Workplace Policy, and therefore will require a drug test of any applicant that has received a conditional offer of employment.
Apply on company website