Ghirardelli's employees are the face of our company. We believe our vision is changing the way the consumer experiences chocolate and our objective is to be America's #1 premium chocolate company.
Our success depends on each other. Our success depends on you. You are the future of our company. And together, we will provide a world-class guest experience. So why wait? Join us today!
The General Manager will be responsible for all aspects of managing our store and upholding the high standards of the company and its reputation. You will ensure that the store operates in a way that delivers excellent customer service, maximizes financial return, and fosters an environment that makes Ghirardelli a great place to work for our employees.
- Ensures the well-being of store and its employees through effective management of safety and risk, including prevention, escalation, and response
- Effectively and timely communicates with all levels of the organization by following company standards of team-building, recognition, and professionalism
- Works closely with store personnel, store and division management teams, and Ghirardelli corporate liaisons, such as human resources, finance, and payroll
Restaurant and Retail Operations
- Establishes and effectively prioritizes daily store activities
- Upholds the values of exemplary customer service by modeling behavior and leadership
- Monitors sales and labor cost issues on a daily basis with a goal to maximize profitability without sacrificing customer service
- Responds in a timely manner to all escalated customer service issues
- Maintains high standards of cleanliness, food/product safety, and branding requirements
- Properly uses MICROS system in all its functionality, including payroll, inventory management, cost of goods sold, gross profit, and customer service
- Works in tandem with regional manager to establish store plans that are attainable and growth-oriented
- Works in conjunction with regional manager and finance department to establish profit and loss for the store
- Maintains inventory levels at optimum efficiency through order placement via vendors and appropriate corporate personnel
- Performs payroll, scheduling, interviewing, selection, in-service training, and separation management in conjunction with the human resources and payroll departments
- Develops shop personnel, especially the management team, using coaching, mentoring, and empowerment practices
- Clear, professional, and effective oral and written communication
- Team-building skills of empathy, rapport-building, delegation, and empowerment
- Ability to manage time effectively and be self-directed under minimal supervision
- Strong proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to conduct evidence-based business forecasting for sales, growth, and resource needs
- Knowledge of point of sale systems, such as MICROS
- Broad knowledge of restaurant or retail management theory and techniques
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply on company website