Territory includes: Washington (north of Longview, WA), Tri-Cities, WA, Alaska and NW Idaho
The Therapy Specialist sells, promotes and provides strategic account management of Getinge products and drives revenue growth in the defined geographic territory by new account development and the expansion of existing accounts, to meet sales quota based on the company's sales goals. The Therapy Specialist will be responsible for managing all aspects of the sales process and will report to the Regional Manager.
- Serve as a key business partner to Getinge clients in the field and develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Sell products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Develop and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Develop and implement business plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) along with providing timely forecasting by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with Regional Sales Manager to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals.
- Determine the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which GETINGE products can best address their specific needs.
- Establish pricing packages by working with relevant Getinge personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
- Respond to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
- Develop relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often with the help of incentive programs and services made available to the account being developed.
- Observe actual procedures in the operating room of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician and member of the lab staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent sales experience in medical devices.
- Minimum of 3 years medical device sales experience and 3+ years of selling and/or clinical support of mechanical circulatory systems such as pulmonary & hemodynamic support
- Demonstrated record of success or achievement in sales positions.
- Ability to meet and exceed the assigned sales plan on an annual basis.
- Solid understanding of specified functional area, and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
- Capable of managing time and resources within the assigned territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the territory's objectives are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and maintaining honesty, integrity and excellent work ethics.
- Be able to enhance teamwork within the region and maintain a collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Carry out operations within an established budget.
- Must have sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business, and be able to exercise judgment in selecting innovative and practical methods to achieve problem resolution in the assigned territory.
- Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Ability to influence middle management and external customers on technical as well as new business solutions.
- Participate in the development of less experienced staff by setting an examples, providing guidance and offering counsel. May lead a project team and participate in determining goals and objectives for projects.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft in Excel, Word and Outlook and familiarity with CRM tools.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- The position requires travel of approximately 50% and above.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website