Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope – just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
The Territory Manager, Cardiovascular Interventions, sells and promotes MAQUET products and drives revenue growth in the defined geographic territory by new account development and the expansion of existing accounts. The position meets sales quota based on the company's sales goals and is responsible for managing all aspects of the sales process. The position reports to the Cardiovascular Interventions Regional Manager.
- Sell products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Develop and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Develop action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, and/or monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with Regional Manager to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals.
- Determine the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which MAQUET products can best address their specific needs.
- Establish pricing packages by working with relevant MAQUET personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
- Respond to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
- Develop relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often with the help of incentive programs and services made available to the account being developed.
- Observe actual procedures in the operating room of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician and member of the Operation Room personnel.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work.
- Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to the job function).
- Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
- Able to adopt the “Beyond Compliance Quality Culture” in the work environment; always meet and exceed requirements.
- Able to practice verbatim compliance (exact compliance, no interpretation) with corporate Quality and Regulatory procedures (as applicable to your job function).
- If your job description requires customer-facing activities, you must thoroughly understand and comply with the Customer complaint reporting process and complaint procedure (As applicable to your job function).
- Able to promptly report any non-compliance issues to Chief QA, RA, Compliance officer or appropriate administrator, including the Compliance Hotline.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to meet and exceed the assigned sales plan on an annual basis.
- Solid understanding of specified functional area, and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
- Capable of managing time and resources within the assigned territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the territory's objectives are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and maintaining honesty, integrity and excellent work ethics.
- Be able to enhance teamwork within the region and maintain a collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Carry out operations within an established budget.
- Must have sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business, and be able to exercise judgment in selecting innovative and practical methods to achieve problem resolution in the assigned territory.
- Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Ability to influence middle management and external customers on technical as well as new business solutions.
- Participate in the development of less experienced staff by setting examples, providing guidance and offering counsel. May lead a project team and participate in determining goals and objectives for projects.
- Basic to intermediate Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must not be debarred by FDA for work in any Medical Device or Pharmaceutical business.
- The position requires travel of 25%+.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent sales experience.
- 2-4 years' experience in medical sales with a proven track record and a background in medical devices, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world's most desired medtech company.
Apply on company website