Job Responsibilities and Essential Duties
Design and Analysis Support (approx. 80%)
- Provide CAD support to requesting parties via 3D CAD models, assemblies, and drawing specifications development consistent with ASME Y14.5.
- Support computational model development and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of device and component designs as required.
- Develop and communicate original ideas to Research and Design Engineering teams.
- Participate in the design and development of new and innovative medical devices, components, processes and technologies during the research and feasibility stages.
- Participate in design development meetings.
- Coordinate and support device prototype builds both internally and with outside vendors.
- Design and build test fixtures to assess new product ideas in support of feasibility studies.
- Work both independently and with Test Engineering, as required, to support feasibility testing of device and component designs.
- Provide support to IP development efforts as required.
CAD Administration Support (approx. 20%)
- Manage changes to complex CAD databases including parts, assemblies and drawings.
- Coordinate updates to CAD databases driven by engineering change orders.
- Assist with the review and approval of engineering change orders affecting CAD drawings.
- Secure CAD databases upon engineering change order release.
- Perform other engineering/design related duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering-related discipline with a minimum of two years engineering experience in a medical device field preferred.
- A minimum of three years' experience using SolidWorks in the development of product designs.
- Proficient with the Abaqus suite of Finite Element software.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of FDA requirements associated with the development of medical devices including design control and technical support required for regulatory submissions preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience using SolidWorks in the design & development of product components.
- Experience with finite element methods (non-linear using the Abaqus suite of finite element software).
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize complex products with minimal direction.
- The ability to think creatively, to develop ideas and break through barriers.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of materials, fabrication processes, production processes, and related technologies.
- Hands on prototyping/assembly skills.
- Self-initiated, self-directed with the ability to work independently within a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website