The Getinge Internship / Co-op Program is a paid, competitive, full-time program that gives college students interested in the Medical Technology industry the opportunity to work in a challenging and dynamic culture. Working closely with Mentors, Coops and Interns have an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes at a major Medical Device company.
Students will benefit from on the job training and mentoring in their field of study/chosen department. They will participate in professional development events and workshops during their time here. Getinge's Co-ops and Interns will have the opportunity to build professional relationships and enhance their interpersonal skills. Students should expect to contribute individually and as a team member to support a designated functional area(i.e., Operations, Research & Development, Quality, Engineering, Regulatory, and HR/Training), and work towards goals and objectives assigned by their manager/supervisor.
Position Overview: The Intern, Website Design will assist in collaborating with the Marketing Department, Training Department and various Global Therapy Development team members to establish and maintain consistent customer training content delivery standards and processes. They will assist in the continuous development and ongoing maintenance of our WordPress customer training website, learning management system (LMS), and of multimedia-based customer training content, including SCORM based eLearnings.
- LMS website data entry, learning program uploads, and application of quality improvements as needed to the website.
- Assist in the development of virtual pieces of training and web-based learning programs.
- Assist in the development of customer training collaterals in collaboration with Product Marketing Managers and Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Direct customer support activities with various external healthcare professionals as well as internal field sales team members.
- Administrative support duties as needed.
- In cooperation with Marketing Communications, assist in the creation of flyers, mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media promotions for our customer training offerings.
- Monitor, investigate, and respond to customer emails relating to the customer training website.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of eLearning training materials.
- Critique customer training website from the user perspective; brainstorm ideas for boosting the user experience. Create FAQ page and instructional guides for this web site.
During this internship you will:
- Gain experience with project management, including managing timelines, establishing priorities, and achieving milestones and deliverables.
- Obtain a working knowledge of various multimedia audio and video formats.
- Gain knowledge in emerging technologies as related to adult education and web-based learning.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Upper-class undergraduate or graduate students majoring in the fields of in journalism, marketing, communications, or related fields are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a college program at the time of the interviews, and provide appropriate documentation
- A GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
- Prior website building experience is preferred. Experience with HTML, XML and CSS is required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Should have strong creative, quantitative, and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Someone who is self-motivated, has the ability to assess needs, develop plans related to these needs and then execute on them.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website