The Downstream Marketing Manager is responsible for the development of company downstream marketing programs for one or more products or business franchises. Specifically, the positionis responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive internal and external downstream marketing plan that increases market share penetration, and maximizes revenues and profits. This includes managing the downstream marketing and business operations of designated product(s), including all distribution and factory/manufacturer relationships, sales forecasting, local market evaluation and Voice of Customer (VOC) collection, product promotion, and regulatory compliance and commercialization. In addition, the Global Therapy Development Manager performs technical sales support, product advertising/promotion, pricing and lifecycle management planning, exhibit presence, competitive surveillance, multi-channel product/therapy promotion and launch planning and execution. All tasks are performed with limited to moderate supervision based on experience.
Job Functions: (Primary “essential” duties and responsibilities)
- Contribute to the development and execution of downstream strategic and tactical marketing plans to drive rapid US sales growth. The primary focus for this individual will be within the US market but they will also support global strategic downstream marketing initiatives along their assigned product lines.
- Work with cross-functional teams and the US and Global sales force to ensure downstream marketing programs and events meet the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Interact with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, attending conference/conventions, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
- Assist in developing and identifying new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources as related to the product line.
- Develop local downstream marketing initiatives that maximize sales force effectiveness and overall penetration of product line.
- Assist in the development and execution of promotional plans, clinical marketing presentations, tradeshow strategy, peer-to-peer programs, and general sales force support.
- Monitor costs of projects and internal and external indicators by reviewing reports and newsletters, reading organizational literature, meeting with peers and reading departmental reports.
- Schedule human and material resources and carry out operations within an established budget and timelines.
- Perform downtream marketing activities, including conducting market research (VOC, focus groups, surveys, hospital visits, etc.) as needed to evaluate new products, technologies, programs, services.
- Acquire and applies competitive and market research data to reassess and recalibrate marketing strategies and tactics on an ongoing basis.
- Manage all aspects of product lifecycle management, including leading cross functional teams (including the factories and internal support teams) to manage logistics and planning related to inventory backorders, quality actions, product launches, and discontinuations.
- Partner with the sales/customer education team to identify and execute against key training initiatives.
- Identify and implements downstream marketing programs that support the therapy selling initiative and drives cross-selling of multiple products within a given area, and with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Will require up to 30% field travel outside of the New Jersey office.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to engage and present on assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to lead and influence others within a matrix organization.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of Marketing and/or Business experience in the healthcare/medical device industry is required
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website