Job Function Summary:
Production support engineer for second shift. Primary responsibility is to keep production running in a high volume low mix department. This is a hands on role assisting Maintenance Technicians with advanced equipment trouble shooting. This position is a blend of production support on the floor in the production area and a significant amount of desk time outside of the production area working on change orders (ECOs) and other engineering tasks. Additional responsibilities include data collection and analysis, preparations of standards samples, support for calibration / configuration needs.
- Improve existing equipment and manufacturing efficiency, production yields, product quality and consistency through equipment and product designs and recommendations.
- Advanced troubleshooting of custom and off-the-shelf manufacturing equipment.
- Designing and machining and of equipment and fixtures using Solidworks.
- Responsible for processing of Engineering Change Orders (ECO's) and Design Change Orders (DCO) to maintain accurate documentation of manufacturing methods.
- Collects and analyzes data for statistical process control (SPC) and process improvements.
- Participate in the MRB process, being responsible for disposition of discrepant components and implementing corrective actions as required.
- Ensure sufficient test units are available for production startups.
- Analyze components and drawings for mechanical compliance.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance methods.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in design development and implementation of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Experience in handling multiple tasks in support of a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a clean room/controlled environment preferred.
Minimum Requirements: .
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years related manufacturing experience (medical device field is preferred).
- Knowledge statistics and SPC methods preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA Code of Federal Regulations 21 and ISO standards preferred.
- SolidWorks and Minitab experience highly desired.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications (Word/Excel).
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website