- Develop, manage, and responsiblity for timely reporting of performance metrics for energy and sustainability.
- Report on KPI's related to sustainability to corporate level.
- Work with business, technology, EH&S and manufacturing resources to identify and optimize sustainability initiatives.
- Works with Federal, State and local authorities on permitting and compliance
- Performs/coordinates training & education as required to assure compliance to directives
- Overall responsibility for all EHS/sustainability programs and compliance activities plantwide.
- Control, maintain and improve the Environmental Management System, maintaining ISO14001 certification.
- Further develop and manage factory induction programs to ensure EHS requirements are adequately trained to all necessary persons.
- Recommend and achieve factory EHS objectives considering corporate objectives.
- Maintaining local knowledge of current and emerging issues and trends in area of regulatory compliance.
- Embed sustainability into all aspects of the business. Provide subject matter expertise and function as a trusted adviser to key internal stakeholders.
- Internally, help execute the sustainability goals of the enterprise to achieve stated targets (e.g., carbon neutrality, net zero, waste diversion from landfills, water reductions and efficiencies). Create collateral and materials that clearly communicate program strategy, goals and metrics to all levels of the organization.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Corporate/Local Environmental projects and compliance (75%)
- Administrative/Regulatory (25%)
- BS in Environmental Engineering or related field
- Working knowledge and experience with the implementation, maintenance and continued compliance to ISO 14001 standards
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications are required (Word/Excel).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought process.
- Ability to identify problems and issues proactively.
- Able to work effectively, reprioritize as new demands arise
- Knowledge of EPA, OSHA, DES and local regulations.
- Ability to author studies, reports and proposals related to subject matter
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required, including written and verbal presentation skills. Excellent advisory and influencing ability required to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, including senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to execute results on several complex projects at the same time.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world's most desired medtech company.
Apply on company website