The Commercial Operations Manager reports directly into the Director, Commercial Operations North America (NA) SW and provides business and sales support for assigned product category and region. The main purpose of the position is to support and guide the sales and service function within assigned product category and region in the selling of Surgical Workflows solutions in order to achieve yearly order intake, sales and gross profit targets. Development of overall strategy and long-term plans for the specific markets to achieve company goals and key initiatives. This role includes assisting the Director, Commercial Operations NA SW to deploy the commercial strategy defined by the Vice President Commercial Operations ensuring sales and service functions align accordingly.
The following are the main responsibilities :
- In close cooperation with commercialization activities enable sales and align local marketing strategies with global commercial operations and business area defined strategy.
- Enable, support and maximize sales functions to grow market share in selecting potential Surgical Workflows end customers in their respective area (includes supporting indirect sales channel).
- Support sales functions and distributors through customer visits – including product and business presentations to current and target customers.
- Collaborate with commercialization function to share voice of customer (VOC) feedback and report/inform market requirements, important trends and competitive information.
- Support sales and distributors at customer meetings, exhibitions, seminars, and conferences. Including: product support, trials, demonstrations, and presentations.
- Per assigned product category and region, analyze sales volumes to identify initiatives to enhance sales capacity and sales effectiveness via sales tools, improved training content, as well as specific initiatives such as promotional campaigns, GPO group buys/promotions, and special payment incentive for fast sales (SPIFFS) programs.
- Sales and operating forecast for assigned product line and region
- Sales support for large projects; enhance product category tools such as in-service, value add training content
- Support sales in preparing system specifications, preparing system quotes, comprehensive specific packages to enhance net sales, order entry, and other relevant materials. This includes tactical pricing.
- Develop, manage and update market plans and market status for each assigned product category and region.
- Assist in relevant initiatives to deploy specific marketing and training activities.
- Coordinate projects with after sales and be responsible for the project brief handover from the markets.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Key Account Management, sales management or marketing management with at least 8 years' experience in capital medical sales
- Solid background and experience in Surgical Workplaces, Infection Control technologies or Integrated /digital OR in US market
- Minimum 8 years' experience in a similar sales management position.
- The role requires travel approximately 50 % of the time, sometimes internationally
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literacy; familiarity with information technology concepts, integrated business systems, personal computers, Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office applications.
- Developed ability to present and sell products and services in the business to business area
- Exceptional verbal and written skills - Communicate technical information/details to end customers/sales companies in a straightforward and understandable way. Must be able to communicate benefits of Getinge capacity being a total solution provider (for instance: products and services benefits to end customers.)
- Business acumen - Implement and follow through on sales and marketing strategies in the selected product category and regions.
- Outgoing personality and influential to be able to communicate to and with people at all levels in an organization
- Structured and result oriented.
*This position is remote and can be located anywhere in the United States.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world's most desired medtech company.
Apply on company website