Role Summary: BHGE is seeking a UX Design Technologist to join its UX team in Mumbai. As a member of the Digital Customer Experience team, you will be joining an interdisciplinary group of designers, and engineers that work with innovative digital solutions that help customers, partners and employees solve their most challenging problems and get the most out of their data. You will apply your design and technical skills to design, build and deploy custom components and interactive customer journeys.
Essential Responsibilities: • Participate in and begins to influence the business-wide discussions relative to the future direction of design and user experience
• Participates in and leads team discussions relative to current user experience projects
• Be fluent in use of design systems and its applications in data-intensive software
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
• Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, requirements engineering and iterative prototyping
• Lead research and evaluation of emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
• Uses storyboards and narrative to express how a product or service should behave to deliver capabilities in a way that supports user needs, goals, mental models and workflows.
• Uses sketching (paper-based and/or digital) to experiment with multiple potential approaches to a problem.
• Creates annotated prototypes or wireframes of user interface designs that visually and textually communicate the behavior of a software application.
• Understands how to leverage design systems for designing and building applications.
• Combine demonstrated creativity and refined knowledge of visual design with very strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving approaches that align all product and design problems back to the user's goals and needs
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
• A minimum of 5+ years of professional experience
Desired Characteristics: • In-depth understanding of concepts and principles in own function within Information Technology
• Act as advisor and coach to junior team members
• Programming or web architecture experience
• Strong understanding of Google Analytics and other UX/CX measurement tools
• Prior experience with large scale, global system solutions and application implementations with key focus on web properties, social media channels, digital tools, and mobile solutions
• A passion for current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and must be comfortable working with multiple types and levels of stakeholders
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
• High level of energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced setting
• Strong ability to collaborate with business partners and technical thought leaders to recommend, prototype and develop proof-of-concept code-based solutions – from project conception through scalable enterprise-class production deployment
• Keen attention to detail and problem solving abilities from an operational and technical perspective
• Ability to work independently and seek information where ambiguity is present
About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Additional Locations: India;Mumbai;
Apply on company website